What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crap.........literally!

Has anyone ever managed to get algae or some crawling nasty into their intestines? I'm pretty resilient but two days ago I came from the plant room and consumed a Klondike bar licking the runny ice cream from my fingers as I went. I hope you are able to see the humor in this rather than being grossed out because a few minutes after cleaning up and climbing from the shower I laughed myself to tears.....here goes :censor: A couple of hours after eating the ice cream bar my innards began rumbling and I promptly crapped my pants right down to my socks :blush:, now this hasn't happened since I was a little tike and I have heard of grown men doing this figuring they just had poor control but I now know how it can happen........I swear I was lifted from the recliner by the event and the look on my face must have been one for the books :0o:. I can't think about it without laughing in fact.
Getting back to the reason for posting this I am wondering if algae on my fingers might have caused this. It lasted 24 hours and finally subsided, I am sure it was caused by something I consumed but like I said, I am pretty resilient and have never had food poisoning before which led me to the algae idea.
I bet no one will ever read my posts the same again either

last time i crapped my pants it was an attempted fart that went horribly wrong :lol:

but algae wouldnt do that to ya, must have been somethin else

i got a good laugh out of this :lol:

Thanks, I was hoping it wouldn't be seen as offensive, I certainly won't be putting it on my FB wall though.

sounds like cyanobacterial poisoning. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. :lol:

dairy and sugar are great for cultivating microbial fauna.

Quick question: What exactly does this have to do with Nepenthes other than you coming from the plant room?

On a totally unrelated note (there's no trend of unrelated things, nope), I was at Wayside Furniture recently and I saw a plastic Nepenthes table decoration, potted with a Phalaeonopsis.

Do you grow lowii? Maybe trying to mimic the tree shrew took its toll?

Quick question: What exactly does this have to do with Nepenthes other than you coming from the plant room?

99% of the plants in that room are Neps and I had the hamata in my hand when I hurled?

I won't be reading your posts again, period. Talk about TMI.

Since we're getting all personal here, I think that diarrhea just happens sometimes. Some people get it when they eat or drink something really sugary, and it could also be caused by lactose intolerance. I think you made a strange connection that doesn't make sense if you think about it. Unless your fingers were covered in slimy algae (and a lot of it), you diarrhea probably isn't related to what you think it is. You would need a ton of algae to be ingested to get diarrhea IF algae DOES cause it, which it may not. It depends on what kind of algae it was too.

So IMO it isn't related... But thanks for sharing about your digestive issues... :awesome:

In for another long day as I don't take vacations, so thanks for the entertainment. I find this highly amusing; right up my alley. :-D

I hear this type of accident often - from my older brother. However, his cause is vastly different, and induced by his morning hydration routine, 0.5 gallon of water before his morning exercises. Needless to say, we both consume 2-3 gallons of water per day, but I make it a rule of not beginning until after breakfast.

The 24 hour cruise ship sickness, norovirus, is the typical.

If your gut microfauna is giving noticeable differences, and you feel like you have not returned to normal peristaltic functions in the next day or two, the fine balance of bacterial sub-populations most likely have been altered. This is one of the main culprits, that account for the difference between obese/sickly and healthy individuals. If you are up for it, you can repopulate with good microbiota after a cleansing. Cleansing = drink some xylitol mixed in water. Plan on not going anywhere for the better part of the day - it might be dangerous. Then select somehow who is close to you, household member is a good choice, and share some food. In clinical trials, gut microbiota is transferred via fecal transplants. There is no shortage of journal articles since it is a hot field of research.

Haha... well, as they say, "what ya gonna do for a Klondike bar" :lol:

You may have just happened to ingest some nasty nasty bacteria that the body had to get rid of fast or consequences would be even more brutal.

LOL, wow. No, absolutely not, algae didn't cause your "accident." 99% of 24 hr gut issues are some type of food poisoning. It was probably something you ate even before the ice cream. No worries on the fecal transplant, (also, a big lol at mentioning that) that's a rare one and really only works for hard to rid infections like C. diff.

Oh wow!!
That is a bummer.

TMI and lols at the same time.

In for another long day as I don't take vacations, so thanks for the entertainment. I find this highly amusing; right up my alley. :-D

I hear this type of accident often - from my older brother. However, his cause is vastly different, and induced by his morning hydration routine, 0.5 gallon of water before his morning exercises. Needless to say, we both consume 2-3 gallons of water per day, but I make it a rule of not beginning until after breakfast.

The 24 hour cruise ship sickness, norovirus, is the typical.

If your gut microfauna is giving noticeable differences, and you feel like you have not returned to normal peristaltic functions in the next day or two, the fine balance of bacterial sub-populations most likely have been altered. This is one of the main culprits, that account for the difference between obese/sickly and healthy individuals. If you are up for it, you can repopulate with good microbiota after a cleansing. Cleansing = drink some xylitol mixed in water. Plan on not going anywhere for the better part of the day - it might be dangerous. Then select somehow who is close to you, household member is a good choice, and share some food. In clinical trials, gut microbiota is transferred via fecal transplants. There is no shortage of journal articles since it is a hot field of research.

share some food?

that's how koalas do it anyhow. babies dont have microfauna to process eucalyptus leaves along with secondary compounds that the leaves store in them. milk isnt the only thing momma koalas provide for their young.

Back