What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KPG's Nepenthes

I guess I'll take the plunge and start an ongoing thread.

Starting with some "hanataphilia":

N. hamata "undisclosed site B"
5-3_zpsfaa82da8.jpg

N. hamata BE-158 (N. singalana on the right)
4-7_zpsa815f6e8.jpg

N. hamata Wistuba clone 3
1-53_zps1750b2c6.jpg

New pitcher on N. Hamata RH
3-10_zpsaa055d3d.jpg

Plus, a recently opened pitcher on N. macrophylla BE
2-25_zps0d0d0057.jpg

Cheers,
KPG

loving them all :) especially the red hairy. looks a bit like a villosa crossed with hamata!

are they squatter than regular hamata pitchers or is it just the angle of the shot misleading me?

cheers

Great photos! Love the pitcher body to opening ratio on macrophylla.

Nepenthes hamata can get pretty bristle-covered! Great plants there!
Just a hybrid that popped in my head: Nepenthes hamata x rafflesiana.

loving them all :) especially the red hairy. looks a bit like a villosa crossed with hamata!

are they squatter than regular hamata pitchers or is it just the angle of the shot misleading me?

cheers
Yes, those I have seen tend to be a bit more squat, and quite a bit smaller than a "typical" Nepenthes hamata. The RH hamatas are striking, but I enjoy
the other hamata more. Much easier to grow, and the pitchers are more striking, to my eye.
KPG

Spectacular plants KPG. Man! I love all of them. I miss my hamata. :( lol

oh wow.. Gorgeous plants!

Thank you for the kind comments!

Holding a nice pair:

1-53_zps0559810c.jpg

Cheers,
KPG

Oh wow! Just spectacular colors!

Good Growing,
Kenny

Couple of early evening shots...

Lots of nectar on this N. macrophylla peristome (sorry I didn't clean the dust)
2_zps8835b4d1.jpg

One you might not see too often - N. lowii x aristolochioides
1_zpsdace3ad8.jpg

Cheers,
KPG

Cool plants both. I'm a sucker for toothies (especially as I don't have any yet), but that lowii x aristo is fascinatingly unusual!

feel free to post a photo of that Macrophylla every day!!!

Amazing looking toothies you have there!!! Which macrophylla clone is that?

Amazing looking toothies you have there!!! Which macrophylla clone is that?

That's a seed raised plant from BE -- purchased through Tony quite a few years ago.

Last edited:
very nice indeed, I haven't seen a macro pitcher that looked that nice in quit awhile. congrats!!!

Playing with the point-and-shoot ...

Three clones of the N. Sabre tc plants (EP):

4_zpscd379813.jpg

3_zps4171099f.jpg

2_zps9785e027.jpg

I'm sure you all recognize this guy:
1_zps729d5704.jpg

Cheers,
KPG

Love the N. Sabre's. I have one as well, but mine is more red at the start, and gets really deep garnet red with age. I wonder if mine is the same as one of yours? I have no idea how many clones there are out there, do you?
20130705-175601.jpg

Love the N. Sabre's. I have one as well, but mine is more red at the start, and gets really deep garnet red with age. I wonder if mine is the same as one of yours? I have no idea how many clones there are out there, do you?

When EP released the "Sabre" plants (tc) the vendor I got them from believed there were four varieties. At the time, EP would not disclose the parentage. Later, they described N. xSabre as the grex namei N. vetricosa x xtrusmadiensis, on Sam's grex registry. The original release of N. ventricosa x xtrusmadiensis seedlings mean a much greater number of individual clones out there. When EP listed cuttings of Sabre (a), (b), & (c), I wondered if they were from the original seedlings or the tc plants. I don't know if that was ever revealed.

Your plant could well be the same as one of mine. As you know, environment affects color, plus ambient light makes a big difference as well. The first two plants were photographed out of doors, and the rather harsh sunlight gives the colors a "washed out" appearance.

Just for fun, I dug out one of my old photos of one of the N. ventricosa x TM seedlings:

61355b3f.jpg

Cheers,
KPG

Last edited:
Back