What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi all,

I thought I'd post some pictures of my indoor setup, which is a windowsill setup and a desk setup.

Complete setup:

Windowsill setup:
For this setup I constructed two large rectangular containers that fit nicely on my windowsill. I then mounted the smaller one above the bigger container to create a shelf
This is the lower part, which contains (from the bottom of the picture up) N. truncata, N. robcantleyi, N. inermis, N. villosa, N. lowii, N. macrophylla and N. aristolochioides
The bottom shelf viewn from the left

And from the right

And this is the shelf, which contains N. x rebecca soper, N. x ventrata and N. x miranda, with also a N. x hookeriana hanging from the shelf in a hanging pot.

Then I have my desk setup which has some Drosera species, some Nepenthes species and hybrids, a Heliamphora heterodoxa, a Cephalotus follicarus and some Pinguicula species:
View from the left

View from the right

The white large pot contains a submerged Lotus seedling, which is pretty much the only non-carnivorous plant in my setup (if you don't count the Sphagnum).

I also have a outside setup for the Sarracenia plants and for the D. muscipula.

That's it for now. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Great setup there, Johanovich! I can tell that you love your Nepenthes. As do I. Even though I don't exactly have many Nepenthes to love. But that's beside the point!

what temps do your neps get? day and night temp difference?

and your moss looks super happy and healthy :D love it!

what temps do your neps get? day and night temp difference?

and your moss looks super happy and healthy :D love it!

I actually only have to open and close my window to regulate temperatures. There is always a significant difference in temperature between the day and night where I live. At the moment the daytime temps are 20-25°C and the nighttime temps are 13-17°C which is pretty ideal for highlanders. I suspect that they will have more problems with daytime temps in the summer as they can go up to 35°C since my window is south-facing, but I'm sure they will be fine.

I put live spaghnum in pretty much every crevice between pots, because it keeps the humidity around plants higher and keeps growing in the mean time so I can use it later when I'm repotting. I noticed there are actually 2 different species of spaghnum between my plants (although I only use 1 for putting the actual plants in).

Back