What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes pollination time lapse

lance

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder
After 3-4 months of filming, the seed pods have cracked open and the time lapse for the female N. Hirsuta X Tiveyi & N. thorelii X truncata X campunalata is now complete. Despite the large size of the N. Hirsuta X Viveyi seed pods, no viable seeds were created from what I can tell. Ironically, the smaller seed pods on the N. thorelii X truncata X campunalata appear to have produced seeds that may have a better chance of sprouting then the larger N. Hirsuta X X Tiveyi seed pods. Sorry for the minor disturbances in video quality. . . it was hard enough to get the tri-pod in the right position.

Don't forget to turn the volume up. Enjoy!

Amazing video !

I never seen this king of time laps, very interesting !

Really funny to see the spider at the end of the video building "her house" into the leaf ^^

love it! great job.

Thanks guys!

Really funny to see the spider at the end of the video building "her house" into the leaf ^^

Wow I didn't even notice that. Thanks for pointing it out!

Ah, so that was the cross. Maybe there's a chance for sprouting either batch of seeds, Nepenthes seeds can be weird sometimes.

great vid

Very nice to watch!!

Back