What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Growing Amps from Seed

So, my Nepenthes ampullaria seeds finally came in on Friday and I planted them last night. The seeds are three months old. I have them under two plant lights. One tray had a 1:1 ratio of vermiculite and peat. I microwaved the peat first to kill any bacteria or whatever. I told mom I wanted her to use perlite, but when I walked back in the kitchen, she had used vermiculite. The other tray is a 1:1 ratio of perlite and peat. Each tray contains 10 seed pods. I sprayed the seed trays with RO water until they were damp. The lights are on a 12 hour timer. I'm going to plant them once they are an okay size. I have the seed trays covered in Saran Wrap. I'm going to air them out once in a while. I'm thinking of getting them a heat mat. Any suggestions?

Sprayed the seeds themselves or the seed pods? Did you take the seeds out and sow them?

I took the seeds out of the pods and tried to evenly distribute them. Then I sprayed the seeds. I never knew how tiny the seeds were!

Back