What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Nepenthes

Oh well I had decided that since everyone else loves Neps that I wasn't going to get one. It didn't work out that way. Here is my first and hopefully only Nep. I don't need to get involved with any more different kinds of plants.

So is this really an alata? It is currently on top of my 180 Gallon freshwater Fish Tank in between two T5 HO fixtures and under 3 CFL daylight track lights. It is sitting in an empty KFC Famous Bowl. I plan on watering it whenever it seems less than damp. Are these conditions going to work?

It's actually N.ventrata..a hybrid between alata and ventricosa, and a very easy to grow hybrid. Your conditions should be to it's liking.

MhMM KFC !

Congrats, its a nice nepenthes you got there! :) and i love the label ! Its a good one, with the right informations. When i buyed my first nepenthes, they was only wrote: Nepenthes ventricosa, full sun and water everydays. !! And in fact, the plant was a sanguinea.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your first Nepenthes! N. x ventrata is a very easy hybrid to grow. It sounds like you're definitely on the right track.

Thanks guys! Should I repot this or leave it as is for a while?

...Should I repot this or leave it as is for a while?

Don't repot it. It looks happy and healthy already and besides, why would you want to mess with a good thing? Most plants (even those that aren't carnivorous) hate being repotted and/or moved to a different location.

Yeah that was my inclination. I will just see how it does for the time being.

Don't repot it. It looks happy and healthy already and besides, why would you want to mess with a good thing? Most plants (even those that aren't carnivorous) hate being repotted and/or moved to a different location.

True, each time i move or repot my nep i have a 3-4 weeks setback.

Back