What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pitcher of the Month July 2013

Vote for the top 3 best!!

• Red Lowii - N. truncata x ephippiata (clone 1)

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Whimgrinder - N. truncata x spectabilis

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • mass - N. eymae x ephippiata

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • divaskid - N. sibuyanensis x 'Lady Pauline'

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • corky - N. ovata

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • mato - N. rafflesiana x trusmadiensis

Votes: 18 54.5%
  • Tony Paroubek - N. viking #19 x (maxima x xtrusmadiensis)

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • maxima - N. sibuyanensis

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • tzestan - N. ampullaria

• carbonetc - N. sibuyanensis x copelandii

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Very nice Mato! That is a stuning hybrid. Does it have the thin leaves of a raff, or does it take after its mother more?

Mato, that is so cool!

Thanks for the enthusiasm. It's certainly not as impressive as some of the other pitchers in this competition. However, it's turning out to be a pretty unique hybrid. I was nearly ready to sell the plant a few months ago, but was dissuaded after seeing the direction it's headed in.

@Ngantnier: rafflesiana seems to really dominate hybrids, although the leaves on this cross are much thicker and waxier than what the species produces. It tolerates lower humidity much better than the species, but still seems to prefer temperatures that are a bit warmer, say, in the "intermediate" range.

n.ovata colouring up some more

This guy caught my eye recently and I didn't want to start a new thread for one photos so...

Still a bit of a youngin at 8" diameter but they are starting to show much more character as they get older. Looking forward to see how they develop further!

N. viking #19 (or globosa or mirabilis var. globosa or whatever you want to call it) x (maxima x trusmadiensis)
PLPic_Nvik19XXmaxXtm2.jpg

That looks great, Tony. The "globs" I've seen have always lent themselves well to hybrids and this is no exception. The color almost makes the exterior seem leathery. Did you make this one yourself?

N. Sibuyanensis. I love this quirky little plant with its tendrils and shy pitchers. 2 more are inflating right now but they probably won't be ready until the end of August.

swdw.jpg

zcwl.jpg

N. ampullaria

Amp_260713_zpse13d6a49.jpg

A lonely pitcher...

Nice one. Is it a harlequin red or something else?

Nice one. Is it a harlequin red or something else?

Pitcher with this color pattern was rare in cultivation few years back. Not too uncommon now.
Harlequin has red pitcher body. This one is green... so probably not in harlequin family.

Moved to August! :D

Last edited:
Sorry Sundrew, you were past the 5pm deadline.

Back