What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quick Vid of my GH's Misting system

• Thread starter Favian
  • Start date
I finished the misting system for the GH and now the plants have been in the new GH for a month. So far they are loving it and they have been growing fantastic. The misting system runs every 20 mins, for 1 minute 30 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVDmEdYuANA

Very nice! I'm have been looking for misting systems for my plants. Do you have a link to the system you are using?

Thanks! I'm planning to use the Rainmaker Jr. How many misting nozzles do you think I need to mist a 8 x 12 greenhouse? Yours is 8 x 10 right? How many did you use?

nice , also nice GH. thanks for sharing the system link too

Dueoka, I have 10 nozzles. I'm thinking on getting three more. Mine is an 8x10

Thank you uphwiz!

Thanks! I was looking at the nozzle coverage and figured I needed 20+ nozzles. Maybe 15 or 16 is more accurate? They aren't cheap...

Yeah, they ain't cheap. But is always better to have more in case of replacements.

I use the 3/8th orbit systems you can get at lowest for $25 a setup. Each setup has 5 nizzels and is ten foot long. You can add up to five in a row. Works great for me.

Do you use RO/DI to mist?

No I don't because I'm fortunate enoughto be able to use tap to water plants. My water is less than 90ppm so I'm good. I forget about people that need to use RO.

Thank you for that info JB!

Pineapple, I do have a RO unit connected to the misting system.

And Idk if the idea can through but I got the misting systems from Lowe's. For those that need to use RO water then you can buy a high pressure pump. But these systems connect straight to your water spigot. They come with a filter and pressure relief valve for when the water shuts off. They are made by orbit and have served me great. The pipe is flexible. They make a smaller one but it cannot be extended and the next size up is rigid.

Back