What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamban Cutting Rooted... Now What? o_o

Nepenthesis

Formerly known as Pineapple
I checked my N. jamban cutting/basal thingy and it had a 1/2cm root exactly a week ago. I haven't checked it again because I don't want the new roots to break if I pull it out of its medium too hard.

When can I unbag it? And do I have to acclimate it to lower humidity? Do I need to repot it or something? ???

TIA! :)

hey alright.. congrats man.
If it's going to be growing in lower humidity than what's in the bag, then yes. Slowly cut the corners of the bag to acclimate it to it's new conditions.
Don't pull it up and check for roots. Just trust they're there, and let them grow. Don't worry about a repot until it absolutely needs it. Give those new roots a chance to anchor.

Easy peazy.. well done!

Alright, I'll go out and cut the bottom corners of the bag off to let it start draining a bit of the water off. Thanks! :)

When do you think is a safe time to repot? It is in a deathly small pot right now... The pot is probably 3" across or a bit less.

Three inches across probably will be enough for a while. Also, once it reaches its maximum root room, it probably won't get much larger until it gets more.

A 3" pot for a recently rooted cutting will be more than sufficient for a year or more, as long as you rooted it in quality materials. Leave it be and let it build up a root system!

Back