What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This Nepenthes pollen needs a place to go .... FAST

Nepenthes x 'Maggie Jones' flowers are almost all open on this plant. Please let me know if you've got a female in flower or about to flower and I'll overnight this stuff to you (for a 50/50 split of the seeds produced, of course :) ).

nepflower.jpg

Can I see the plant pitchers?? I have a female splendiana and ventricosa 'hot lips' flowering female

You shouldn't have to overnight it I don't think just priority. My plants are a few weeks out from flowering still. I'll have to store it when it gets here.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I have to wonder why you want to use this for breeding? This is one of the least interesting hybrids out there, so why employ its genetic mediocrity in making a new hybrid? If you just want some seeds to grow for the same of making new plants, I can offer you something much more interesting. (Seeds, I mean)

I understand what you're saying. I just hate to see the pollen go to waste. I'm not trying to make hybrids that will win a beauty contest, I'm just letting the community know that it's available. Maybe someone has a female flowering and wants to produce seeds just for the experience OR because they think the parentage of ventricosa and kampo will go good with a hybrid of their own. I'm not terribly concerned with the outcome either way.

Back