What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lady pauline bloom

uphwiz

jimmy
if anyone is interested , mine is about to bloom, .
pollen anyone ? :blush:

Hmm that might be interesting on vent or splendiana

Would you be up to do N. 'Lady Pauline' x (ventricosa x talangensis)? Still trying to figure out my options for pollen. My female vent x talangensis is going to be in bloom in a month+/- a few days.

Possibly. Im not sure how to sex is lady Pauline male or female?

N. 'Lady Pauline' is (supposedly) a single clone out of tissue culture and appears in all of BE's documentation as a male.

Can you tell for sure from the blooms, i can add a picture .later today .

Lucky you! My big nep dont want to flower!

Yeah I thought "Lady" Pauline was actually a guy. That's why I offered the spendiana and vent of mine. Both are females. The only male I have flowering is red leopard.

Maiden are you growing your NEP under lights or using natural sun?? I think the change in photo period is the trigger for neps although I could be wrong.

BTW these are female flowers.
20130727_210243_zps80191819.jpg

Male flowers are more spherical in appearance.

Nice nice !

I grow my neps in highland terrariums under T5's. I will try the photoperiod trick

Orchids on the outside of a pot! Pretty cool.

here is the blooms now another week , or so i think.
when to collect the pollen??:blush: advise ??:blush
:

Jimmy, you have the female clone of 'Lady Pauline', so you are going to want to start requisitioning pollen from other folks, not vice versa!

Holy crap. I didn't know there was a female lady Pauline. Way cool

thanks guys for identifying my nep. as female:blush:
. ill start another thread looking for some pollen. any advise. should i try another lady pauline(male clone).

I've wanted to do that Jimmy. My lady Pauling isn't flowering yet but has about six growth points. I was told mine was male but I haven't confirmed that yet.

I have a melvino flowering but not ready yet.

This is the first lady Lady Pauline I've ever seen.. definitely a rarity.
I've owned 2 in the past, and those both flowered male in my care.
Same as Paul, I too was under the impression that all Lady Paulines were male.

Last edited:
Back