What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some new pics from here and there.....

Indeed. Great plants, keep it up!

Very nice. I spy a whole lot of seedlings!

Yes, a whole lot of seedlings (most pictured are the eustachya bunch). So far, though, I'm only really having luck with my lowlanders and N. jamban. Down to 3 lingulata (from 54), 3 gymnamphora which will probably die (from 23), 4 N. bongso from like 48, and struggling with singalanas. So disappointing.....

Got a couple more to share:
N. Viking #19 x (maxima x trusmadiensis)

N. x mixta upper pitcher (for those who have pollen from me, here's the parent)

N. 'Miranda' lower and upper

I love that last picture, you got a massive miranda pitcher and in the bottom left a little tiny baby pitcher.

man you have some happy looking nepenthes. good work.

Lovely neps and did I spot some sarrs? I have about 85 sarracenia seedlings that are around 6-7 weeks old :blush:

I like the N. Viking #19 x (maxima x trusmadiensis), looks like N. Viking #19 has been the proud mother to many offspring hybrids

That baby in the corner is a ventricosa seedling batch. And yes, lots and lots of baby Sarracenia, though it'll be a while before they get to any size.
As for the Viking cross, definitely a winner. The thing is nearly 2 feet across and grows constantly, and all the pitchers get this deep maroon color. Interesting thing is, you can still see even darker stripes on the peristome in the right light.

Couple more shots:
N. izumiae x truncata, or, by the grex name, 'Black Dragon'

N. x ventrata

N. Miranda finally put a pitcher in a somewhat accessible location

And to top it off, the weirdest of the weird: mutated N. spectabilis "Giant" pitcher

Compared to a normal pitcher

More pics!
8 1/2" N. Miranda pitcher

Glabrata x ? (either maxima, or possibly even pure maxima)

Old pitcher followed by new: N. spathulata x jacquelineae

N. ventricosa "red": here we see the difference between pitchers in high and low light conditions
high light

Low light

New N. 'Rokko' Exotica pitcher

N. 'Black Dragon' coloring up

first home-grown pitcher on merrilliana x campanulata

new BE sp. #1 pitcher: this thing grows really fast

Seedlings I'm keeping from my N. rafflesiana "dark brown parent" batch

N. talangensis happy in its moss

N. clipeata x (clipeata x eymae) getting more colorful as peltate leaves finally show up

New ampullaria 'Harlequin' pitcher

And, last of all, 'Rebecca Soper'

I really like the merilliana x campanulata pitcher shape and also ampullaria's colouration.

I really like the mutated N. spectabilis "Giant" but Im just weird like that!

I thought it was odd, and it looks cool. There's another pitcher on the same growth point doing something similar too.

More shots!
From a few years go, my first SG plant, N. gymnamphora x bongso finally produced a pitcher

spectabilis Giant produced another funny pitcher

The 6 'Splendid Diana' x ventricosa "red" I am keeping: there is a lot of variation in this batch, and I've got a bunch growing out for sale later

glabrata x ? turning mottled

spath x jacq

another SG: x splendiana x tiveyi

BE sp. #1

clipeata x (clipeata x eymae)

'Gentle'

first pitcher in months from rafflesiana BE-88

carpet of amp 'Harlequin' basals: there's at least 8, maybe more, in the pic

and another first after a long while: ventricosa x spathulata

More, more, always more! :D
N. copelandii and it's huge pitcher-to-leaf ratio

The biggest pitcher on N. (inermis x singalana) x mira... this thing is prolific too, always producing new basals

And N. khasiana is finally settling in I think

Looks great!

Very nice!

Everything was being repotted and moved around this week, so I took some more shots.
5 feet of N. ventricosa x gymnamphora vine, and as I repotted it, I discovered that it's producing a couple basals. I'm hoping the new pot will encourage it to flower so I can start cutting the main vine back.

N. ventricosa pitchers showing the difference between light and shade

Biggest of my 3 SG neoguineensis "Cyclops Mtn. Jayapura, New Guinea"

The new pitcher on the lowland SG truncata is twice the size of the leaf

and the peristome is showing promise

The Viking #19 x (maxima x trusmadiensis) was only around 8 inches when I got it a few months ago

New mystery glabrata hybrid pitcher

The jacq influence can definitely be seen now on the spathulata x jacquelineae. That, plus the deep purple colors the pitchers gain, means this should be a stunner

gymnamphora x bongso pitcher fully colored

copelandii

(inermis x singalana) x mira

khasiana

New pitcher on clipeata x (clipeata x eymae): the plant itself is now producing leaves as big as my hand

the BE-88 giant raff finally opened its pitcher (apologies for the washout colors, my lights shut off and I took pics in the dark)

And last of all, the newest pitcher on ventricosa x spathulata

Back