What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. Petiolata X Burkei

I purchased a seed grown Nepenthes Petiolata X Burkei on ebay a few months ago and out of curiosity today I decided to google what the mature pitchers would look like from other peoples experience growing this hybrid. To my surprise I can't find this cross referenced anywhere. Does anyone else have this in their collection or know of what the mature pitchers will inherit from their parents?

P.S. I would attach a picture of what my current one looks like but I'm new here and can only find the attachment from a url not a saved computer file. Help me please :p

I don't have this plant (sounds like an interesting cross though) but to post pics on here, you have to have an account at an image hosting site, and copy the img. code, pasting it into the reply.

here is mine. i have mine as well for a few months , and as with my burkei it is pitchering very well . my burkei has kept several nice and as many as five fresh looking pitchers on it at all times ,for about 5 years now.
i can see brukei's influence very well in its appearance , not sure about the petiolata so far. but mine is quite young still.

I have one of these as well but it's still fairly small. Just like you I tried to find some pictures but so far haven't come across any mature ones yet.

Although even if there was, sometimes each pitcher can vary greatly. I would be curious to see one though.
Here's what mine currently looks like.

DSC_5349_zps7e0afeb1.jpg

Thank you guys so much! Where did you get yours?

grabbed mine on ebay , so not so sure about the parentage , but it wasnt that pricy.
and i love my burkei so im assuming it will be nice. :blush::blush: hoping

Back