What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need a little Nepenthes help

N. bicalcarata is notorious for disliking change. Probably just the original leaves showing a bit of adverse reaction to the change. If you start seeing the same symptoms though on leaves produced in your care then there is clearly an issue to be concerned with. Perhaps as suggested, some sort of nutrition thing but with N. bicalcarata it could be environmental also. Yes it's also possible that the much smaller seedlings next to the larger plant are not as affected. They tend to be more forgiving than the large size plants of this species.

Oh woops forgot to mention the N. spectabilis. Looks like that one leaf has typical sunburn. It also appears to have moisture stress.. the offcolor green, the somewhat curling under of the leaf edges etc.

Interesting, I didn't realize they were so picky with being moved, that might explain a little. I did move it over about three feet, which seemed like nothing, but now that I'm thinking about it, it probably is different in sunlight from where it was. I also figured since it was bigger it would be hardier than the smaller ones that I also moved. I learn something new every day!
I'll keep an eye out on the new leaf and also be even more mindful of the spectabilis watering and see if that helps.

Update on the bical: Looks like the newest leaf it super happy and will also make a pitcher. I'm thinking that small move must've cause sun damage and that's what the chlorosis and browning was.
3574F7B6-B273-4BF5-A8DD-1B70B33C3598-13438-00000FD3CC69FD61_zps8446a2a5.jpg

The spectabilis still looks the same but I guess not declining in health is a good thing.

Looks a lot better. That's going to be a beauty when mature!

Back