What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. klossii cultivation

Hi all,

Was just wondering what peoples experiences with N. klossii were? Been growing mine for some time now and it's probably about 8-10cm diameter, but the slowest growing nep I've ever had (except for villosa in the summer).

The cultivation requirements are supposed to be similar to N. stenophylla, which I unfortunately do not grow.

Any thoughts on media/conditions etc would be appreciated.

Cheers

Jasper

Mine has been a steady grower in my freezer setup. With day temps: 70-72F and nights: 50-52F and humidity ~75%. It's around the same size as yours but the next leaf looks like it will have a jump in size now that it has settled in. It grows next to my edwardsiana and grows a leaf every month or 2 (way faster than villosa which gets around 4 leaves/year). It would probably grow faster if I fed them more often.

Here's mine from my pic thread:

IMG_5290.jpg

This is a couple of weeks after i got the plant. it had sizable increases in size with each new leaf.
null_zpsa7d35fac.jpg

null_zps76e9578a.jpg

It is has roughly doubled in size since i got it about 6 months ago.

it seems to like it a bit on the warm side. 60° nights and 85° days. it gets plenty of ventilation as it sits directly in front of the fan.

for me its one of the easiest nepenthes. i got it feb, it was the size of a coin, and now its putting pitchers out of the 5' pot. humidity-70-80% temp- day:max 26 night: 14
sprayed once a week, fed once a month. the pitchers are relatively short lived.. media- cocpeat + cocohusk + perlite + sphagnum...

Any new pictures? ^^

Back