What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mold question ~ Cause solved, Elimination of mold itself sought!

IMAG0418_zps0d9cd5fa.jpg

Hello! Fairly new to the forums, asking all sorts of questions all over the place for my new 3 plants, but I really want to get everything right and not have a graveyard on my hands! I just finished setting up a new terrarium, got brand new lights, and figured out how to keep the darn thing at a good humidity. Unfortunately, while I was figuring it out, I had some mold start to grow on one pitcher and a little bit on the re-hydrated Sphagnum moss. Misting the plant directly = Bad. Fixed. Now I just need to get rid of the mold that's already there. Fortunately the pitcher was already mostly dead, so I cut it, but I cannot really get rid of what's on the moss, or any spores I cannot see. Any recommendations on type of anti-fungal / mold killer? There are tons of opinions our there. Or how to eliminate it now that it is a problem. The plant is a Nepenthes Spectabilis x Aristolochioides hybrid, growing in
1 part New Zealand Spagnum Moss
1 part Fine Orchid Bark
1 part Perlite
1 part tree fern fiber

I don't think the problem will occur again, I just need to eliminate what is currently there. I posted a picture of the mold, you can see some spotting but it looks a bit worse under normal lighting.

Thanks!!

Kevin

p.S.. only use the sulfur based fungicides. Copper based ones are harmful to CP's.

Cool, as for application just follow the directions? I know CP's can be temperamental/sensitive most of the time. Thanks for the help!

Back