What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. maxima 'Lake Poso dwarf' HL or LL?

I just purchased this Nepenthes and while looking around I noticed some places say it's a highland while others say it's a lowland plant. From what I can tell it has a broad range of elevations, which may be why I'm getting different classifications.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else is growing this and whether you're growing it in HL or LL conditions.

I can provide either one, but would like to put it in the best area so it's happiest :)

Thanks!

It really won't care. N. maxima will grow in any range but UHL.

I would put it as intermediate because it is also not tolerant of extreme lowland conditions. My plant was growing very well next to pots of N. adnata until the hottest months here in Singapore...it first stopped pitchering, then it stopped growing and finally died.

The N. adnata plants slowed down tremendously but have picked up since the rainy months returned. The dwarf maxima is definitely not for sustained hot temperatures.

Mine does best as an intermediate. It grows and well along side red leopard and the ventricosa.

Thanks everyone for the info. I think I'll keep it outside in my Lowland conditions for the winter time (since the temps are cooler now) so it'll get some nice rain and sunshine and then put it inside my highland tank for the summers.

Mine does best as an intermediate. It grows and well along side red leopard and the ventricosa.

I totally agree. I'm growing all three right beside one another in regular house conditions. Definitely an intermediate plant.

Back