What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ID/Repotting?

It was love at first sight. I couldn't help myself. And for only $10 :) Does anyone suspect an ID on this beauty? Also, It seems to be potted in a simple peat and pearlite mix. Should I repot it or let it be? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

1452134_10100380907430535_1751262485_n.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Looks like N. x ventrata (ventricosa x alata). Don't use peat, use long frond sphagnum and perlite or orchid bark.

Looks like ventrata to me as well.

I grow mine at 350F for 30 minutes.

Grow what, Nepenthes pie?:crazy:

Definitely N. x ventrata. As suggested above, Long Fiber Sphagnum and perlite (pumice if you can get it works great), and orchid bark thrown in for a variety in the soil is good. Nice size to the plant, that's for sure....

I think the only reason you'd need to repot it is to give it more room. I bought one about 1/3 the size of that and in less than 2 years it grew into a giant bush with 6 multiple foot vines. If you put it into a massive pot now, you won't have to later. :D

Thanks for the advice! What about light requirements for this species?

Back