What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video of my nepenthes Greenhouse

I made my first video showing my nepenthes on the greenhouse. Please excuse the messiness of the algae. I haven't changed the wooden shelves since I bought the greenhouse and I have to change them. A lot of my plants stopped pitchering during the winter, but I hope you enjoy them. Oh! and excuse my accent and mispronunciation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIkmtsN0Yq4&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
That's nice! Those are some awesome plants.

What is your temperature range from day to night like?

Thank you! Summer is 97 and the AC brings it down to 68 at night. Now in winter 80 days 50's night. Spring nights would be in the 60's. I will change the shelves and replace them with the ones that you have in your GH

Thank you! Summer is 97 and the AC brings it down to 68 at night. Now in winter 80 days 50's night. Spring nights would be in the 60's. I will change the shelves and replace them with the ones that you have in your GH

What do you plan to do with the highlanders in the summer? And parts of spring? Vent x TM or vogelii or robcantleyi wouldn't take well to days in the 90s consistently. Mine tolerate it for a few days if we have a hot spell, but it's far too hot for them. Does the AC turn on during the day in summer? If not, it may be a good idea to run it.

They were fine last summer :) misting goes off every 15 mins for 2 mins and I add a shade cloth In summer. They are kept wet in summer. Which is why most of the medium is cypress mulch. AC only at night.

Last edited:
They were fine last summer :) misting goes off every 15 mins for 2 mins and I add a shade cloth In summer. They are kept wet in summer. Which is why most of the medium is cypress much. AC only at night.

Oh, that's actually really good to know. Were they getting the 90F days daily? That's awesome if they consistently took lowland conditions without fussing.

You should make a video showing your misting system and explaining how it works.

Yes they make it fine. Remember I live in FL is hot but also extremely humid in the summer and the misting aids. Humidity is in the 90's in summer. Ok I will do that.

That is very awesome Favian! It gives me hope to grow highlanders in a green house some day! Very awesome

Really nice collection!

Thank you Jake :). Thank you Jennifer

Oh, that's actually really good to know. Were they getting the 90F days daily? That's awesome if they consistently took lowland conditions without fussing.

You should make a video showing your misting system and explaining how it works.

I just made a video this morning of how the misting system operates.
Here you go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVLPQwyZV70

Last edited:
Back