What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

spectabilis x jacquelineae photos

I was wondering if anyone is growing this particular hybrid? I haven't been able to find any pictures so far except for BEs seedling pic from the catalog.

Seems like it should be a promising hybrid.

Nope. I've looked, too. I did just receive the related spath x jacq and will take photos of its pitchers when it starts to pitcher since there don't seem to be any. (I'd imagine that they'd be somewhat similar).

Nope. I've looked, too. I did just receive the related spath x jacq and will take photos of its pitchers when it starts to pitcher since there don't seem to be any. (I'd imagine that they'd be somewhat similar).
If I'm not mistaken, Paul has a nice spathulata x jacquelinae. I believe he has posted pictures of it on his thread.

I just received mine about three weeks ago and it is still small (only 3" in diameter). But, it is putting on a new pitcher that should open in about a week. I will post some pictures when it does :)

This is definitely a cross I'd love to see pictures of, but seems like everyone only has young plants.
As for the spath x jacq, I can vouch for the fantastic looks. Mine is only very young, but a fast grower, and showing a LOT of jacq influence.

I guess we'll all be eagerly awaiting some pics! :)

This cross promises to be absolutely stunning!

If I'm not mistaken, Paul has a nice spathulata x jacquelinae. I believe he has posted pictures of it on his thread.

I do NOT have the spectabilis X jacquelineae cross, but I do have the EP hybrid spathulata X jacquelineae, which is getting quite mature now:

spat-jac-feb6-14.jpg

I like this hybrid a lot -- its very easy to grow and jaquelineae traits dominate the pitcher morphology, as you can see! Its a fine plant. I really like the wide red, flat peristome.

There is also this hybrid, which in my eyes is the best Jacq hybrid so far...

http://pitcherplants.proboards.com/thread/11921/maxima-spectabilis-jacquelineae
%28maxXspect%29xjacq2013-3-31b.JPG

This was the mother in that cross
big_maxxspec.jpg

This is the mother in the new cross
spectabilis_giant.jpg

So I think it's reasonable to say the new cross will resemble closest the N. (maxima x spectabilis) x jacquelineae cross
The BE's Spectabilis-Giant(BE-3178) has a nice flar-ish peristome, I prediction this will help the new cross to be nice and flared just like in the case of (max x spect) x jacq

I'd be happy if it turned out like that!

Can always hope for a striped peristome too :-D

Just uploaded a bunch of pictures of my Neps on my blog and thought I'd share my spat x jacq. Not nearly impressive as Paul's, but it's pretty young.

2014-02-07+(9).jpg

Looks like it's really happy even if it is a small guy.

Any updates with this one?

Last edited:
Spect x jacq.jpg

First pitcher that this plant has given with decent stripes.

Back