What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Show Me Your N. aristolochioides Hybrids!

What I have seen quite often are pictures of plants grown in sub-optimal conditions (not bad per se, but indoors for example) that may be exhibiting pest or other environmental stress.

I'm not denying the existence or possibility of TC errors cropping up from time to time, even from the best vendors. I am, however, saying that in my experience it's pretty rare.

In my case, I don't think you can say that the distortion/abnormalities I witnessed were the result of "sub-optimal conditions". I'll just leave it at that.

New photo from yesterday - N. bellii X aristolochioides:
bell-arist-feb13-14.jpg

In my case, I don't think you can say that the distortion/abnormalities I witnessed were the result of "sub-optimal conditions". I'll just leave it at that.

Lol. Paul, half this forum would love to have your set-up. A greenhouse in the Willamette is pretty idea for HLers.

Nepenthes ventricosa x (aristolochioides x thorelii) Bred by our very own Mr. Paul Barden.

Nepenthes aristolochioides x diatas - Hortus Botanicus

I had no idea that N. aristolochioides x diatas existed, interesting cross.

I had no idea that N. aristolochioides x diatas existed, interesting cross.

It's apparently very rare. It's a hybrid made by Hortus Botanicus shortly before their shut down. Mine is the only one I've ever even seen photos of although I'm sure other growers must have them.

Interesting... It's too bad HB shut down, I didn't know that. :( They were an incredible supplier of Darlingtonia.

How old is your plant?

Last edited:
Interesting... It's too bad HB shut down, I didn't know that. :( They were a incredible supplier of Darlingtonia.

Robert shut down Hortus Botanicus about two years ago, for unknown reasons. My Darlingtonia came from him.

I'm not sure but I got it about a year ago.

So it's still pretty young then. I wonder if it will keep that super compact size.

Robert shut down Hortus Botanicus about two years ago, for unknown reasons. My Darlingtonia came from him.

Oh dang I must be out of the loop...

I only ordered once from him but the size and price of the Darlingtonia I got was unparalleled.

So it's still pretty young then. I wonder if it will keep that super compact size.

I assume it's somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 years old. Since N.diatas is a small plant, the chances of it staying small are pretty good.

Dexenthes, I'm going to hazard a guess and say that mine is a BE plant. I got it from Jurow. :D

I'm not going to bother with HOW or WHY, I'm just going to enjoy the occasional sport pitcher that comes with the plant.

N. (spec. x vent.) x aristo.

IMG_7743.JPG

IMG_7744.JPG

N. spec. x aristo.

IMG_7748.JPG

Dexenthes, I'm going to hazard a guess and say that mine is a BE plant. I got it from Jurow. :D

I'm not going to bother with HOW or WHY, I'm just going to enjoy the occasional sport pitcher that comes with the plant.

Yes indeed. Yours is probably from the same batch as the one I posted on page 2 of this thread, because I'm pretty certain I've only imported that cross 1 time.

Here are my two :)

N. 'Mimosa' [ventricosa x (thorelii x aristolochioides)]

N. spectabilis x aristolochioides

Last edited:
I, too, have a N. (spectrabilis x ventricosa) x aristolochiodies, though mine seems to be a bit more tubby looking than those posted previously. This is one of the most recent pitchers it has made for me (my apologies for the crummy cell-phone pic. I haven't used my real camera to take pictures of it in a while).

I, too, have a N. (spectrabilis x ventricosa) x aristolochiodies, though mine seems to be a bit more tubby looking than those posted previously. This is one of the most recent pitchers it has made for me (my apologies for the crummy cell-phone pic. I haven't used my real camera to take pictures of it in a while).

OMG! this is too cute! I love it!

Nepenthes spathulata x aristolochiodes
1920098_822910234401318_22076026_n.jpg

Nepenthes maxima x aristolochiodes
1606846_822911301067878_1255419923_n.jpg

Thanks! I love the tubby pitchers. I looked through every plant they had of this cross at the store to pick out the tubbiest.

Ventricosa x Aristolochioides

Vent009_zps2fe150fb.jpg

Vent007_zps0a73370c.jpg

Vent003_zps27085f4a.jpg

Vent002_zps1e6a6812.jpg

Nanthawat, that has so many growth points!

Back