What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Show Me Your N. aristolochioides Hybrids!

Hello!

This little guy isn't much to look at yet but I didn't see it on the list so far so here you go!

N. aristolochioides x hamata 'hairy red'

7.jpg

Cheers!
Matt

Here's my aristo x (spec. x vent.) coloring up nicely after being in my conditions for a while:

bguz36.jpg

The aristo. x spec. seems to be the more vigorous plant, surprisingly, but, at the moment, it doesn't have any pitchers (though it has put on three new leaves since I got it and has small, slowly growing pitcher buds).

Here is my, burbidgeae x aristolochioides:

Does anyone have one of the aristo x glabrata clones out now? I was considering getting one, but I wanted to know what it looked like, first, and I can't seem to find any photos online.

Same here.

This is the only picture I can find of one online and it is still pretty darn small. I would take a picture of mine but its first pitcher is still developing and it too is of no impressive size :p

$_57.JPG

This is the only picture I can find of one online and it is still pretty darn small. I would take a picture of mine but its first pitcher is still developing and it too is of no impressive size :p

KNepenthe, I'd like to request a picture once the pitcher opens.

It doesn't look like much, yet, but my winning from the NASC auction is definitely a plant that I look forward to seeing mature.

N. aristo x jacq.
16lxnd1.jpg

Wow, that will be one to watch grow up. :0o: There sure are some interesting aristo hybrids now

Last edited:
It doesn't look like much, yet, but my winning from the NASC auction is definitely a plant that I look forward to seeing mature.

N. aristo x jacq.
16lxnd1.jpg

Who created that one? When was it released?

Anyone have pics of their tal x aristo?

I have half a dozen assorted aristolochioides hybrids, and it is such a genetically dominant species that many of the hybrids can be morphologically redundant. Case in point, I have aristolochioides X mira, and aristolochioides X bellii, and they are almost identical. Don't get me wrong -- I love the aristolochioides hybrids, but you may want to be selective which ones you choose, as you may find yourself with a bunch that all look remarkably similar.

Red Lowii: I got it from Johnny, so you might ask him.

This was sold to me as an aristo x (vent x spect.), but I was somewhat suspicious when it was younger. Now that it's developed more, I'm thinking it's actually aristo x tal, since I can't see any vent in it, and it really doesn't look much like my aristo x spec. (The pitchers are about a half the size). At the time I bought it, the vendor had a bunch of aristo hybrids, including several others, so I'm still waiting to see, but someone with a confirmed aristo x tal says it looks very similiar to his..

2eeet1h.jpg

2nsqao5.jpg

Wow the combination of that red coloration and the distinctive aristolochioides pitcher shape is just beautiful.

Here you go NatchGreyes. Like I said it is of no impressive size yet! But, I guess you can get a little idea of some forming shape in the hybrid :/ Hopefully it is settled into it's new conditions and will put on some good pitchers soon.

N. glabrata x aristolochioides

Last edited:
My Nepenthes spectabilis X aristolochioides.

Last edited:
I'm personally quite thankful that aristo is such a dominant species in it's hybrids, I just can't get enough of them.
I've been waiting for a number of years for a double serving of aristo and from what I have heard my thirst has been quenched in the form of aristo x (vent x aristo).
very exciting stuff!

my contribution of the day... a bit complex, but has a nice serving of aristo in it and just keeps getting better and better.

14072746495_3e31dd82e6_b.jpg

Cephnectar.great plant and first post

Back