What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes Sanguinea

here you go -

I think I will try flickr.
photobucket is now very annoying

Its upper sang pitcher? Very nice!
Thats mean my plant had only lower pitchers.

What is the average price of a nepenthes sanguinea ?

15-20$ ?

On average, less for small plants of the common orange form.

Totally depends on the type of sanguinea. Some are quite rare, being squat, dark red, dark purple, etc., while the orange type is produced en masse by AG3, and is therefore worth practically nothing ($1.50 per plant when bought wholesale).

I have the sanguinea 'pink' clone, which IIRC is from BE. It's a very pretty clone, IMO. I'm about to cut a long vine for propagation purposes, so I will have pieces for trade this spring/summer. FWIW.

IMO an item is worth what ever a buyer is happy to spend on it,we have all seen super expensive plants for sale ,some of us have bought them,whether they were worth the price only the buyer can say,scarcity = value and maybe this is why sort after plants are expensive to buy,why have hamata's and xTM's not been mass produced through tc (to the point they are inexpensive)i am sure we would all buy a few at the right price,same with ceph clones that demand big bucks,cephs from my experience are easy to reproduce through cuttings, i would be happy to buy an small orange sanguinea for $30 because i want one but some would think it silly to spend so much,and i would pay more for a cutting off Morbus;)

Last edited:
I just saw the photos now, and I must say that that is an amazing plant, morbus. I wonder if all sanguineas get that big.

If you keep your sang in the optimal growing conditions, the growing speed can be very fast 😈

Back