What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes Sanguinea

Just wanna know what you think guys...

Yesterday i sold a big n.sanguinea for 50$

The plant was very big, with 2 growing vigning points. The sterms was 1 feet long, and the plant has 7-8 healthy pitchers.

What do you think guys ?

care to buy my sanguinea; 12+ft and 4 growth points with 14" lowers and 10" upper pitchers? :D
I could be rich, lol

What is it you are asking?

care to buy my sanguinea; 12+ft and 4 growth points with 14" lowers and 10" upper pitchers? :D
I could be rich, lol

What is it you are asking?

I want to know if the price was right.

12+ feets long ? do you have a photo ?

Well if your intent is to make money on plants, then chopping it up and starting up many cuttings will earn you more money than just selling one large plant (in most cases). However, propagating cuttings takes a long time and cuttings are not guaranteed to strike or sell. So you might loose a lot of plant material or you might be stuck with a bunch of plant material! ha ha

*I do like that fruit fly by your signature! :awesome:

hahah :)

I dont want to make money, this nepenthes was just too big for my setup. I cut it each year and im tired :)

IMHO if the buyer was happy then the price was ok

agreed
If the person was happy to pay it - then its fair :)

I was just joking. I have no intentions of selling or cutting the plant. I dont have pics of the whole plant - just the pitchers
Do I need to get pics into photobucket to post them here?

agreed
If the person was happy to pay it - then its fair :)

I was just joking. I have no intentions of selling or cutting the plant. I dont have pics of the whole plant - just the pitchers
Do I need to get pics into photobucket to post them here?

Wow I thought it was just a joke. That's an impressive plant you have if it's really that big. And those pitchers are really big for sanguinea, I think.

No Joke :)

I dont have a picture of the uppers in photo bucket, but here is a lower

again, is there any way to post without uploading to a photo sharing site like photobucket? the new photo bucket is really annoying to use

Last edited:
That is an amazing pitcher.Well grown Morbus

Wow, this is BIG. Congrats!

For the sharing, I use flickr.com

For me its the best photo sharing website. You can see all my photos there. (Flickr.com/dals09)

hey Morbus i would love to see the uppers if possible

here you go -

I think I will try flickr.
photobucket is now very annoying

cheers,they are kinda chunky too,very different to the uppers on my Sanguinea ,they seem real slim in comparison

Ohmygod! Morbus thats killer! Let us know if you ever take cuttings of that bad boy (maybe girl?). Awesome!

Maiden: For a large plant, I think 50 bucks is more than fair.

Good looking sanguinea's guys :)

@morbus: What variety of sanguinea is that? What was the source?

Awesome plant :drool:

Corky, our plants are very different indeed. one of my other sanguinea just started vining recently as well - this one from MT so completely different stock to the one above which is from BE. mine just looks fat, lol. im no taxonomist so I wont comment on that :)

I just let that plant dry out badly recently - effects just seen the other day. so, I may cut one of the vines now that ALL their pitchers died :(

Im sorry for any hijacking that may have occurred here!
Peace

well i hope the plant is not too badly damaged ,thanks again for the pics ,hope you don't mind the hijack Maiden

Back