What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Neps in a breadbox

Cindy

Staff member
Temp: 78-86F
Humidity: >90%RH

Assorted species {Unknown seedling at 10 o'clock}

N. adnata male flowers [12 o'clock]

N. adnata basal cutting [3 o'clock]

N. maxima 'Lake Poso' [6 o'clock]
Nov'13

Feb'14

N. fusca [9 o'clock]
Nov'13

Feb'14

N. maxima 'Tentena form' [middle with pink leaves]

Hard to tell without any close-ups, but the unknown in the corner looks a lot like my N. rafflesiana seedlings...
Nice setup, by the way.

Hard to tell without any close-ups, but the unknown in the corner looks a lot like my N. rafflesiana seedlings...
Nice setup, by the way.

Thanks! I couldn't get any closer with the camera without squishing the plants in the foreground so I left that plant alone. I do suspect it is rafflesiana too. Do yours have pink leaves too? I think I remember that some species of Neps have pink/red leaves when young but turn green as they grow older.

Love your fusca Cindy. Do you know what clone it is ?

BE Sarawak Red? I've always thought that one looked a bit like epiphytica/faizaliana.

Thanks! I couldn't get any closer with the camera without squishing the plants in the foreground so I left that plant alone. I do suspect it is rafflesiana too. Do yours have pink leaves too? I think I remember that some species of Neps have pink/red leaves when young but turn green as they grow older.

Some of my plants form pink leaves, others don't. I think that just depends on the individual plant. My "dark brown parent" plants are more apt to form the pinkish leaves, as are my spotted ones, while the plants from nivea parentage stay mostly greenish.

Last edited:
I thought so. One of my favorite clones of this plant, MT's "Crocker Range" clone being my absolute favorite. I agree with Mat, this clone (and the MT clone) definitely closely resembles epiphytica or faizaliana in pitcher structure. Glad I just picked one up for myself !

Very nice neps collection !

My neps never push me a flower, you are talented :)

Very nice neps collection !

My neps never push me a flower, you are talented :)

Thanks! I doubt it's talent...more like stupidity and guts. The flowers are formed on an upper vine cutting. And it's the second time I got flowers on an upper vine adnata cutting. LOL

Back