What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N.denaiflora x truncata flowering

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
FB_IMG_13956798058341314_zpsdxjxb6th.jpg

FB_IMG_13956797497297911_zpsqjajs3x9.jpg

N. densiflora x truncata

I believe its male. Would anyone be interested in pollen in exchange for 50/50 seed split?

Hey JB, I reckon that that's actually a female.

Last edited:
I'd say that's a female. And I will send you a list of available pollens.

Oh. Looked round to me, but I am rather inexperienced with flowers. You guys have fefinately had more than I.

And Clue I haven't forgotten. ;-)

And almost forgot Paul!! I kook forward to seeing what pollen you have available!!

Great stuff JB! I've PM'd

is this from BE?
Is it the densiflora X rc KOS? it looks much like my densiflora X rc
mine flowered recently and is male -

im not sure how you feel about pollen from over seas - but, if you are interested, I have about 20 types harvested this season.
the LVB i posted the other day would be a great partner

Morbus. Hi bro. Idk the origin of this plant unfortunately. I received it from a grower who was getting out if the hobby in PA. Had a friend pick it up for me. It came to me as densiflora x truncata. That's all I know ATM. Unless that grower still visits the boars or someone knows.
I pmed you regarding the way pollen! Thanks

when they were first released, BE called them densi X trunc KOS. then later they became densi X rc
given the size of your plant, its likely from an early release (as mine was) and could just have been called densi x trunc

Anyway. doesnt matter all that much
heres mine - the similarity is clear
IMG_2927675x900_zps4a76bc8d.jpg

IMG_2930675x900_zps0284dbdd.jpg

I will get to the pm now :)

Yeah when I lookup densi x truncata I get linked to the BE one too. It might be the densi x RC.

Idk. I got it listed as densi x truncata.

I wish I could remember who I got the plant from.

Yeah when I lookup densi x truncata I get linked to the BE one too. It might be the densi x RC.

Idk. I got it listed as densi x truncata.

I wish I could remember who I got the plant from.

That cross is densiflora X robcantleyi; it was distributed as a truncata hybrid before the name change happened.

Last edited:
Thanks Paul. I will have to update my tag. I didn't know if EP had done this cross too as they would have used the real truncata for it. Since someone has asked me that. Yeah this plant is of age. So I can only go by what its label said.

Back