What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I recently organized a Hawaii group order from EP. Here are a few pictures. Please forgive the quality.

(lowii x veitchii)-red x boschiana

(ventricosa x sibuyanensis) x (truncata x (spectabilis x northiana))

(ventricosa x sibuyanensis) x (ventricosa x (lowii x ventricosa))

lowii x (spectabilis x northiana)

truncata (c)

glandulifera x veitchii

sibuyanensis x ventricosa

izumiae x truncata

sumatrana x (lowii x veitchii)

sumatrana x (platychila x fusca)

truncata x ovata

This is only about a tenth of the plants, unfortunately the camera died before I could take any more pics.

Last edited:
Holy moly those are some intense complex hybrids!!

There are some serious winners in there. I am particularly fond of the sumatrana hybrids as well as glandulifera x vetchii.

Last edited:
Wow. I am amazed that they came with pitchers. They must have been packed so well! Are they almost all hybrids?

Nice plants our order was very nice as well

Very nice
those are big boxes!! its always fun getting an EP box :)
my babies that arrived this morning are waiting in bags in the GH till I get home

Tanukimo, other than cuttings, EP plants always come with pitchers. they rarely last long though

Im loving that (ventricosa x sibuyanensis) x (ventricosa x (lowii x ventricosa))

WOW! That (lowii x veitchii)-red x boschiana is gorgeous!! And so is the (ventricosa x sibuyanensis) x (ventricosa x (lowii x ventricosa))….. and everything else for that matter. I have a feeling there's going to be some good competition starting in about 6 months in the POTM contest. :awesome:

I'll share a few of my pitchers from the order as well once I get them downloaded to the computer :)

Crazy beautiful plants. Very impressive.

Holy moly those are some intense complex hybrids!!

There are some serious winners in there. I am particularly fond of the sumatrana hybrids as well as glandulifera x vetchii.

Thanks Dex, the sumatrana hybrids came in much larger than expected. Listed as small, the largest had a leaf span of over two feet. Glandulifera x veitchii was another stunning grex, in addition to the one above, there were two large plants with beautiful squat yellow pitchers.

Wow. I am amazed that they came with pitchers. They must have been packed so well! Are they almost all hybrids?

Yes, the majority of our order consisted of hybrids.

WOW! That (lowii x veitchii)-red x boschiana is gorgeous!! And so is the (ventricosa x sibuyanensis) x (ventricosa x (lowii x ventricosa))….. and everything else for that matter. I have a feeling there's going to be some good competition starting in about 6 months in the POTM contest. :awesome:

I'll share a few of my pitchers from the order as well once I get them downloaded to the computer :)

I was very impressed with both. I can't wait to see your pictures, they should be much nicer than mine.

Here's a few of mine :-D

IMG_8797.jpg

IMG_8799.jpg

IMG_8824.jpg

IMG_8843.jpg

IMG_8846.jpg

IMG_8849.jpg

IMG_8850.jpg

Those are some huge plants from EP Dueoka! Absolutely love that (lowii x veitchii)-red x boschiana and the Izumiae x Truncata! looks like that peristome might even stay flared like that!

This guy's going to be stunning when mature. I'm kicking myself for not getting one!

There's so many I'm kicking myself for not getting too! Ah well, thats what budgets does to ya lol
I think this one is going to be awesome as well! Once it gets bigger with a basal, I can send you over a cutting ;)

I tried to get more pictures of this order, but the older pitchers are already on the decline what with the humidity being down in the 40% this week :0o: I will have to wait until new pitchers start to form.

Back