Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Osmocote in pitchers?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's interesting that some of you mentioned "dumping" as I never actually pay attention to that. I wouldn't recommend that anyone try what I do but it is a habit of mine to put osmocote into the pitchers during the hottest months of the year (I live in Singapore), which also happens to be the brightest time of the year at my growing area. I only use 1-2 osmocotes per pitcher per plant so at most one pitcher is lost. It really helps the plant that happens to be flowering during the growing season.
    Cindy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Osmocote kills the pitcher but I think it works because the plant does grow, but through the soil it's been great. Live LFS doesn't like it because of how concentrated the stuff is when it comes in direct contact with the pellets. I think just hosing down my plants with the 1/2 strength Maxsea has worked fantastically. I don't do pitcher feeding just because normally fertilizer gets washed through the soil, I don't want to over fertilize. Some inevitably gets in the pitchers but I think the less you worry about it, the better the plants grow

I go Maxsea, and I sprinkle a little bit of seaweed extract to supplement. Seaweed is very low in actual nutrients but it makes the roots system explode and better roots equals a healthier plant!
    Nepenthes Outdoors in CA

Growlist

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12