What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Divaskid's Nepenthes

Yep, spec x vent has been one of those ones I've longed for for a while. Also, love the mirabilis peristome! I have a bunch of seedlings only just getting any real size to them, I'm dying to see the peristome on them show up....

The spec x vent is awesome! It grows well in my lowland conditions so that's a bonus for me! The look of a highland without all the fuss. Maybe some day it'll be big enough to take cuttings and I can do a giveaway ;)

Michelle, everything is looking great! I love the color of the mirablis and the jump in pitcher size of the rafflesiana.

Thanks for sharing!

Congrats on finishing finals....

Thanks! :) Hope your finals went well...

Well, this isn't technically a pitcher plant but since I had some free time this week I thought I'd pull out a pen and paper and create something to hang on my wall that was Nepenthes related :)

I may try a painting next, we'll see how ambitious I get before Summer School starts up.

You did that in pen??! :0o:

Last edited:
you should design tattoo's , thats really good work

That is incredible! I'm stunned

Great piece! Would love to see it colored.

look nice on the tank of a harley too,you must be an artist right?

Last edited:
Thanks! :) Hope your finals went well...

Michelle, One final down and one to go. Then just one more class that will be done by the end of June. Then I get a bit of a break before beginning on my MBA in late August.

On a completely different topic - your artwork is amazing!!

That looks really good.You should put that design on some t-shirts.I will take a couple!

Thanks everyone :) Yup, it's done in pen, although I did start it off in pencil first. The pencil wasn't getting me the dramatic look I wanted though, so I switched to pen.

Aionios, I'm thinking of scanning it and coloring it in photoshop. Haven't used photoshop in years but I think I can get it to work out nicer than if I did it in pen.

Corky, At one time I was going to get into being a tattoo artist but I wasn't fond of the idea of having to get a tattoo myself. I'd only get one for very specific reasons, not just for a job ;) I do have a couple of people with my designs on them that I drew though.

Keith, thanks and good luck with your last final ;)

Last edited:
Holy crap dude, that drawing is freaking awesome!

Thanks PsychoSarah :)

A few pics from today……

DSC_6775.jpg

DSC_6776.jpg

DSC_6778.jpg

These two are getting huge!
DSC_6784.jpg

DSC_6785-2.jpg

DSC_6803.jpg

Can't wait for this one to get bigger :)
DSC_6808.jpg

DSC_6819.jpg

DSC_6822.jpg

DSC_6824.jpg

So excited! First pitcher for this one :)
DSC_6827.jpg

DSC_6829.jpg

DSC_6839.jpg

N. ventricosa x (carunculata var. robusta x merrilliana) - phone pic
dark.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice plants (and photos) Jennifer!

Thanks Whimgrinder! :-D

Not only are the plants beautiful, the pictures are huge! It is nice seeing the differences between the two albomarginatas. And the ventricosa reminds me of a similar picture of ventricosa with ants in The Savage Garden.

Not only are the plants beautiful, the pictures are huge! It is nice seeing the differences between the two albomarginatas. And the ventricosa reminds me of a similar picture of ventricosa with ants in The Savage Garden.

I'm quite fond of the albomarginatas :) I have a couple of other types as well but they're not doing as good as the red one. The red one amazes me every time it pops out a new pitcher! They're so velvety looking in person.

Where. Did. You. Get. The. Purple. Albomarginata?

I got it from a grower in Hawaii a couple of years ago :)

quality:bigthumpup:

Back