What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guess the Parents

• Thread starter Ambanja
  • Start date

Ambanja

Christian James
any ideas? I'll post the answer in a day or two
10314527_10152000242852245_1769559787018513926_n.jpg

Two species only, or are both parents hybrids as well?

I'm guessing rafflesiana or spectabilis is in there somewhere.

If the parents are pure species, my guess is N. singalana and N. clipeata.

A candy cane and a light case of road rash?

Last edited:
N. lowii x spectabilis?

mirabilis x dyeriana (taking a guess from a recent picture I saw that looks very similar). Why not throw something wild out there :)

Gosh, I would help if we got to see the whole pitcher at least. Isn't it bad enough we can't really tell how big the pitcher is?

And the answer is Rafflesiana x Rafflesiana! To be more specific it's Leilani's Rafflesiana (Brunei squat x (Kondo x Singapore Giant 6)). Never expected a Raff to be so toothy! Congrats Divaskid for guessing this, although I know you have one of them from Sam too ;-)

Really?!? Ha! I thought that was a long shot :-D but it did look like mine so I thought I'd give it a try.

Will you grace us with a full picture? ;)

Really?!? Ha! I thought that was a long shot :-D but it did look like mine so I thought I'd give it a try.

Will you grace us with a full picture? ;)

here ya go
793873_10152014641297245_2839698517285351916_o.jpg

Nice! It's looks almost exactly like mine :)

Nice! It's looks almost exactly like mine :)

Well then I think it's only fair since I showed you mine, that you show me yours ;-)

Well then I think it's only fair since I showed you mine, that you show me yours ;-)

Well, we must be fair lol ;)

Here's a couple of phone shots from a couple days ago. I just noticed that my lid has no spots!

Close up of the toothies

fantastic!

Back