What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

They Might Be Giants

Most massive pitcher on this N. dyeriana. Ever. 20+ years old.

That is awesome, Kevin! Hide your baby monkeys!

It is pitchers like these which catch birds and rodents.

Easily could've swallowed the camera!

That is spectacular :0o:

Last edited:
Kevin,
The story goes that there is but one clone of N. x dyeriana in existence and it has been recorded as a female. Is this true of your plant? Surely its bloomed at least once in 20 years :-O

Paul,

Our plant is a guy. It's one of the plants where the ID is in question. Nobody alive who has ever worked with that plant knows the answer. We've made phone calls and all we wound up with was a cold case. N. x dyeriana was the closest thing that seemed to check out based on other growers' opinions and photos I sifted through. What do you think? It's such a spectacular plant that it really bugs me that it seems to have been "orphaned."

Last edited:
Kevin,
I've never seen dyeriana in person - only photos - so I can't begin to offer an ID of yours. I certainly see northiana and rafflesiana traits in that pitcher, but beyond that.......

Hm. My quest for knowledge on it keeps getting even more epic! Got any contacts who we might ask?

Back