Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The tiny ones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could be super cool and get an argentii. It's on my soon to buy list. Only downfall is trying to actually find one to buy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rcl27 View Post
    You could be super cool and get an argentii. It's on my soon to buy list. Only downfall is trying to actually find one to buy...
    N. argentii is the smallest Nepenthes, but even it will eventually get around 5-8" across with several inches of stem, is rather hard to find, and is one of the most challenging species to grow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rcl27 View Post
    And super hard to grow, they like it really cold. I would actually have to buy a climate controlled container for it. It is something to hope for in the future, but I wouldn't risk putting such a rare plant in my care at my current level of experience.
    Come to me flies and crawling bugs. This plant wants to give you great big hugs
    Aren't I pretty, don't I smell good? I'd come to you if I could
    But I can't so you must come to me, I'm sure we will get along splendidly

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    N. argentii is the smallest Nepenthes, but even it will eventually get around 5-8" across with several inches of stem, is rather hard to find, and is one of the most challenging species to grow.
    5-8 inches across isn't that big. Even if you aren't counting their weird tendrils with that. It is their difficulty to grow and find that would be my biggest deterrent.
    Come to me flies and crawling bugs. This plant wants to give you great big hugs
    Aren't I pretty, don't I smell good? I'd come to you if I could
    But I can't so you must come to me, I'm sure we will get along splendidly

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234