User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 25 to 28 of 28

Thread: Stem cuttings and Root cuttings

  1. #25
    Whimgrinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,896
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSarah View Post
    Did you use any rooting powder? Because I am going to use that too.
    Rooting hormone is not necessary, and in fact it has proven to be retard root formation on some varieties. I wouldn't bother if I were you.

  2. #26
    PsychoSarah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    685
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whimgrinder View Post
    Rooting hormone is not necessary, and in fact it has proven to be retard root formation on some varieties. I wouldn't bother if I were you.
    I guess I will do trial and error, use it on some and not others, and see what happens. That and look up which varieties do get stunted from it to avoid using it on them altogether. I can't resist a good experiment opportunity.
    Last edited by PsychoSarah; 06-15-2014 at 10:25 AM.
    Come to me flies and crawling bugs. This plant wants to give you great big hugs
    Aren't I pretty, don't I smell good? I'd come to you if I could
    But I can't so you must come to me, I'm sure we will get along splendidly

  3. #27
    Whimgrinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,896
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSarah View Post
    That and look up which varieties do get stunted from it to avoid using it on them altogether.
    Of course you should embrace the notion of a control study on whatever material you can get ahold of. But I think you will find a dearth of information on the interaction of hormones on specific clones/varieties/cultivars. I seriously doubt anyone has kept that data.
    Last edited by Whimgrinder; 06-15-2014 at 10:40 AM.

  4. #28
    PsychoSarah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    685
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whimgrinder View Post
    Of course you should embrace the notion of a control study on whatever material you can get ahold of. But I think you will find a dearth of information on the interaction of hormones on specific clones/varieties/cultivars. I seriously doubt anyone has kept that data.
    Well then, I guess I will try to keep some data on it as my collection grows, which plants react well and which don't.
    Come to me flies and crawling bugs. This plant wants to give you great big hugs
    Aren't I pretty, don't I smell good? I'd come to you if I could
    But I can't so you must come to me, I'm sure we will get along splendidly

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •