What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glabrata upper

thez_yo

instigator
It's been a long time in coming for my plants to have uppers.. I grow them in terrible conditions for the most part outside. I get most of them all as 3-4" plants 4-5 years ago, and have been growing them out since. The glabrata I got from a grower here I think 3-4 years back as a little rooted cutting, and it's finally making the nice pale uppers I love it for!

Very nice pitcher. :clap: How tall is it?

Beautiful! Do you grow these in a windowsill or outside?

Beautiful! Do you grow these in a windowsill or outside?
The highlanders are all outside.

The pitcher's... well i'm bad at estimating but I'll say 2 to 2 1/2".

Is it bad that the first thought that came into my head when I saw that pitcher was "wow that's huge!" lol. My glabrata split into two so pitchers got tiny. I am finally getting back up into the original 3/4" to 1" area again though. Took me about 8 months since the split.

Is it bad that the first thought that came into my head when I saw that pitcher was "wow that's huge!" lol. My glabrata split into two so pitchers got tiny. I am finally getting back up into the original 3/4" to 1" area again though. Took me about 8 months since the split.

To be fair, my plants have been so small for so long that 2" still impresses me! The 6-8" pitchers on some of the other plants boggle the mind.

Very pretty little glab
BTW the red leopard you sent me a few years back started making uppers last summer

N. glabrata is definitely one of the most beautiful species. Someday I hope to also see some uppers - thankfully, the lowers are almost as attractive.

Congratulations!! :hail:

Wow! I love the flat unfringed wings on this species' uppers paired with the cream base. :awesome:

Thats nice looking.

Nice!! I'd be happy with just pitchers on mine!! Ha ha

Very pretty little glab
BTW the red leopard you sent me a few years back started making uppers last summer

Nice!

N. glabrata is definitely one of the most beautiful species. Someday I hope to also see some uppers - thankfully, the lowers are almost as attractive.

Congratulations!! :hail:

Aww, thanks.. if you can coax uppers out of an inermis, I think you're good for glabrata. Just let its tendrils grab something otherwise it doesn't seem like they inflate. One day it all of a sudden shot up 4-5' of vine that has grown in I think all just this year. Everything decided to vine all of a sudden (tenuis, mikei, etc.).

Wow! I love the flat unfringed wings on this species' uppers paired with the cream base. :awesome:

Haha... remind you of maybe.. a clippy? :p

Thanks guys!

Back