What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes Truncata

NemJones

I Am the Terror Of the Night!
Hey dudes, I finally got my Highland Truncata today after a 2 week wait, thought I would share some photos.

Sorry if the photos are a bit fuzzy, my camera did not want to cooperate today.
2up44k1.jpg

34ijrc0.jpg

The pitchers are alot more hairy/fuzzy than I expected them to be.

2j2ye03.jpg

Im stoked to move to the t5HO grow racks, but I thought softer lighting would be better for a couple days
after being locked in a box Half way across the continent.

Last edited:
Go ahead and stick it under the light. N. truncata is a tough species. It can take it. ;)

Nice. Got my glabrata today too, but for some reason, the pictures I take won't upload on this site :comp:

If you are lucky those little pitchers will remain for a while.

Last edited:
i had loads of trouble with my truncata ,then i started to water it less and its doing great,so i think this species likes it on the drier side,for my watering habits anyway

Sarah, you should try again with the glabrata, and thanks bio haha.
Now its just a lonely plant on a massive shelf

Sarah, you should try again with the glabrata, and thanks bio haha.
Now its just a lonely plant on a massive shelf

I hate how hard it can be to post pictures on this site. I tried 5 times.

I hate how hard it can be to post pictures on this site. I tried 5 times.

You have to upload to one of the various free photo hosting services (dropbox, flickr, photobucket, wordpress, etc) and then link to it using the photo link button in the formatting toolbar above.

Thanks. Personally I was surprised the plant I got was so big. Especially height wise

Last edited:
My that is a large plant. What happened to its pitchers?

Thanks. Personally I was surprised the plant I got was so big. Especially height wise

That is the difference between getting a rooted cutting and something started from tissue culture.

I wouldn't know, some look green enough that they will finish developing though.
Maybe Up your humidity. I bet that would Help it quite a bit

Maybe Up your humidity. I bet that would Help it quite a bit

-_- that picture was from the day I got the plant in the mail. What it looks like isn't reflective of the conditions I provide

I would be interested in knowing how big the pitchers are if/when they develop.

-_- that picture was from the day I got the plant in the mail. What it looks like isn't reflective of the conditions I provide

I would be interested in knowing how big the pitchers are if/when they develop.

Certainly. 2 of the little nubs look like they are still green enough, but their future of course is uncertain

Back