What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pitcher of the Month August 2014

Vote for the top 3 best!!

• hardy - N. truncata X campanulata

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Red Lowii - N. rafflesiana x xtrusmadiensis

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • NepXGorgicus - N. truncata Pasian Highland

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • davidgreen - N. robcantleyii

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • rdlsreno - N. truncata red

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Dragoness - N. bicalcarata

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • divaskid - N. spectabilis x ventricosa

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • hcarlton - N. (inermis x singalana) x mira

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thez_yo

instigator
1. Only ONE (1) PITCHER per member may be entered in any particular month.
2. All pictures must be taken in the month of entry into the contest.
3. All entries must be clearly identified.
4. Entries are restricted to cultivated plants.
5. Contestants may post as many times and as many pictures of their entry as they like until contest closing on 08/31/14
6. Sequential pictures showing opening of a pitcher are fine as long as all pictures are taken within the month of the contest.
7. If, for some reason, a single pitcher cannot be isolated and a group shot is necessary, then the particular pitcher entered must be clearly identified in your post.
8. Plant must have been grown by owner at least six months prior to photo.
9. Times of Contest and Poll openings and closings are to be understood as EST.
10. Judging by forum members and guests in a poll opening on 09/01/14, closing 09/05/14 and using this forum! Voting will open on top of the thread at the close of the contest submissions.

** Please remember to clearly identify your entry!!**

Contest will be closed on August 31st 2014 at 5:00PM EST
Good luck!!

Edit

Last edited:
Love those curly tendrils!

N. truncata X campanulata
trunccampan_zps0be73c65.jpg

This plant has done amazingly well exposed on the balcony in winter(dropped down to 41°F), hasn't missed a beat, closest thing to a highland raff

14679897049_2be78fc646_b.jpg

14866197742_387a47820e_b.jpg

14866201592_e000a6f609_b.jpg

Look at the teeth on that monster

Wow, that's a really excellent hybrid. Love the maroon color scheme throughout.

Favian, as this is the pitcher of the month thread, you need to clearly identify which pitcher you are submitting. I think this picture would be awesome for plant of the month!

Last edited:
Favian, as this is the pitcher of the month thread, you need to clearly identify which pitcher you are submitting. I think this picture would be awesome for plant of the month!
You are absolutely, correct. I love all the pitchers on this, picture. I will remove it and post it on Plant of the month.

Last edited:
Thanks NemJones & DrWurm!

Hope I don't get laughed out of the contest for the low picture quality but here's my pitcher I'm putting into play!
nepenthestruncatacolor2a.jpg

I'll try and get a better quality photo before the end of the month. This is my Nepenthes truncata 'pasian highland' form. It's been with me since 2009 as a lil' young-un.

my Robcantleyi recently opened a new pitcher. It has three times as big from these last 4-5 pitchers!
20140811_184810_zpsedx01ieq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here is my entry using a camera not my phone a couple of day latter.

N. truncata red seed grown wild
14931884392_a7f689d813_c.jpg

My N. Bicalcarata just popped open a new pitcher while I was on vacation!
8-17-14-073.jpg

8-17-14-bical.jpg

Pretty sweet looking Truncata rdlsreno, do you know where the seed originated from?

Pretty sweet looking Truncata rdlsreno, do you know where the seed originated from?

My friend from the Philippines (who originates from Mindanao) has been growing N. truncata and has been collecting seeds and plants for years. He sent me some seeds (since that is allowed) that he made or collected and this one is the only one that survived so this is most likely from Mindanao. I don't know if it is lowland or highland. Grows quite fast.

Ramon:D

Last edited:
So it's basically an unknown locality truncata (Mindanao is the only island it grows on, aside from possibly close satellite islands). With the color I'd bet it's a highland, but great plant either way!

Here is a photo taken on Aug 3 of the new leaf. It has a red tinge which fades as it matures. The growing pitcher of the new leaf is now half the size of a much older pitcher beside it.

Ramon:D

N. truncata red seedgown wild new leaf
14769091428_a0e6a3d4ba_z.jpg

Last edited:
Wow nice bical dragoness

Back