Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: which nep is your biggest diva

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aionios View Post
    The diva in my tank is n. jacquelineae. I've only had it for a year but it hasn't increased in size at all. Unsure why it's being so picky since the other neps and helis in the tank seem to be doing fine. Talangensis throws out a pitcher on occasion and a newly acquired heli decided to flower. The jacqu just sits there mocking me.
    I had my N. jacquelineae for a year and a half before it started to make good, strong growth and decent pitchers. Just FYI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Nepenthes burbidgeae x edwardsiana is a huge diva for me. When I first got it, it was doing fine.... for 3 months and producing fine pitchers but then it stopped on month 4. On month 5, a leave started to die and it wasn't putting out new growth. After I moved it into a bigger terrarium, with better air circulation and a misting system, it has been recovering. The new leaf it up out is incredibly small compared to the older leaves, but at least it isn't dead. I'm thinking about fertilizing it by putting some diluted Maxsea into the pitcher at the moment...
    I could understand that some plants need to adapted to new conditions, but the ones I bought in the past, never had this problem. They all started to put out new leaves, make bigger pitchers and just explode with new growth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @whimgrinder didn't realize it could take that long. good to know!
    "You cannot find peace by avoiding life."
    Grow List (04.26.2015)
    Artsy Things I Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123