What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EMERGENCY is this worth $67

I think this is a maxima but i could totally be wrong. Uhmmmm the pitcher sure is a handful oh my gosh.

Just saw it, should i run back and get it? There's actually two plants in that pot

IMG_2227_zpsd861f7d4.jpg

Last edited:
That's a x'Miranda'. Pretty common hybrid.

so i'd pretty much only be paying for the time the growers invested into this plant. Like you said it's a common hybrid. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I concur. N. x 'Miranda' is the quintessential "Garden Store Nep", and even very large plants of this species can be found for far less than $67.

The parentage is not officially known, but is speculated to be N. (northiana x maxima) x maxima.

so i'd pretty much only be paying for the time the growers invested into this plant. Like you said it's a common hybrid. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Well - no - you're paying for a nicely grown specimen that has years of someone's care invested in it. Its a common hybrid, certainly, but many people spend half that amount to get a plant 1/4 that size. Its really up to you whether you think its worth the price tag or not. Lets just say that if I were in the market for a mature plant of N. Miranda, I wouldn't hesitate to buy that one, for that price.

I don't know if things are different out on the west coast but, these same large x 'Miranda' plants are available at many local nurseries and even flower shops out here in the $30.00-$40.00 range. $70.00 seems very high to me for one of these plants.

this is exactly why I asked first!!

Thanks guys, I will pass on this plant.

Back