What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes Ventricosa Update

Heres my Nepenthes Ventricosa after 3 weeks in my care :) I just bought some Sphagnum Moss off Ebay, so thats one of the main new things. I actually need some help with the moss. It was harvested off of the sellers land, and it came with a boatload of other vegetation including dead leaves, dead mushrooms, unknown soil, even a living pine sapling. But to top it all off, it had a LIVING SPIDER IN IT. It scared the pants off of me and I promptly fed it to my Nepenthes. My concern is that there might be ticks, fleas, or chiggers living in this moss. Does anybody have any insight on this? I really hope I didn't just bring a colony of parasites into my bedroom.
Anyway, on with the pics:

73OZz3K.jpg

9J4Z8YO.jpg

This is the only open pitcher the plant originally came with:
qnSe55J.jpg

Heres the first pitcher that opened in my care:
o7lUXAp.jpg

Heres the 3rd pitcher it has coming in nicely. Its doubled in size since I got the plant :) I hope it'll be opening soon.
bmB8nUV.jpg

Heres all of the moss in its swamp of uncertainty.
qxROpUo.jpg

Id also like to ask if Ive planted the Moss right on my plant. I simply placed a layer of it over the top of my soil. is the correct?

Last edited:
Back