What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. spathulata and hybrids

I am interested in getting a N. spathulata and some spathulata hybrids from a local nursery, but I am not sure I have the proper growing conditions. 9-10 months a year, I have intermediate-highland temps, with daytime highs of 80f and nights at 60f, in mid-summer, though, I get lowland temps, days at 90f, nights at 70f. Right now, I grow mostly "intermediates", hybrids with both lowland and highland parentage. Should I succeed with N. spathulata in my conditions? The local nursery has like 10+ spathulata crosses from BE, all with other highlanders. Would these be easier growers?

i believe it should do well. I have a N. Spathulata x Robcantleyi and it is doing very well. I live in San Diego, CA and we have about the same temps as you stated. I grow all my nepenthes outside shaded but they also get a lot of indirect light and they thrive.

I have a Nepenthes spathulata x glabrata and it seems to be a very easy grower. I haven't made any special accommodations for it. I ran out of space in my terrarium so I placed this plant in my windowsill. It has grown there happily for months now.

I got a N. spathulata x robcantleyi seedling today. The local nursery still had some N. spathulata x glabrata plants in stock, so I will probably get one of those too next time I'm there. Temperatures are still unseasonably warm , but should cool down really soon. Usually it's snowing here by now!

Back