What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes villosa

It's no secret I'm primarily a Heliamphora grower but I do have two Nepenthes.
Both were gifts and I cherish each one.
My N. macrophylla and this N. villosa.

Back in 2009:
new_villosa0809.jpg

This morning :)
(quickie cell phone image)
villosa14.jpg

Thanks for looking, I will endeavor to add a higher quality pic this weekend
Av

Last edited:
Awesomesauce! :-O

I'm so jealous of your villosa Butch! :D Can you get a picture of the whole plant next time?

Very NICE!

I'm so jealous of your villosa Butch! :D Can you get a picture of the whole plant next time?

sure, but it wont be that impressive, its sort of grown up in the end of my heli rack... so one pitcher is buried in a pot of Heliamphora, another hanging off the side (the one in the photo) another is out of sight,

but sure luca, will do...

thx cat, bio....

awesome thanks :)

Good things really do come to those who wait,beautiful AV

So nice. Do you know what mountain it's from? Is it a clone or seed grown?

So nice. Do you know what mountain it's from? Is it a clone or seed grown?

Mt. Kinabalu, original source would be Borneo Exotics.... I assume clone, but don't know.

dude, quit crowding me....

sure, but it wont be that impressive, its sort of grown up in the end of my heli rack... so one pitcher is buried in a pot of Heliamphora, another hanging off the side (the one in the photo) another is out of sight,

but sure luca, will do...

thx cat, bio....

Here ya go Luca, as I warned.... conditions being what they are, it just doesn't make for a very impressive picture.
She has grown up in Heli-land. I dread the day I have to move it LOL, but she seems happy enough... so I ain't complaining :grin:
If you look at the 9:00 position, you will see one pitcher buried deep at the base of an H. 'Angasima' pitcher
vplant.jpg

thanks for looking,
Av

Last edited:
Looking great :D Thanks again.

Last edited:
Are you just using your usual Heli mix with that? Great job, especially if it's the BE clone.

Net pot full of what was live sphag at the time...

FWIW, it gets no special treatment...

Same temp regime as the helis, same watering, same trichoderma, etc.

Great plants! The 2009 picture is adorable! :)

May I ask what temperatures you grow your helis under?

May I ask what temperatures you grow your helis under?

Sure, in summer it's a pretty constant low 70's and in the winter it's a pretty constant 60ish
Once it gets below zero outside it might get into upper 50's but that is rare.
No diurnal drop to speak of.
My basic rack type setup with evaporational cooling from an ultrasonic humidifier that has become the norm for many heli growers.

A classic beauty Butch! You're treating that villas quite well :)

Back