What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your favorite hybrid?

Hybrids are usually liked less than straight species here, so lets see some nice things about them!
Whats your favorite Nepenthes hybrid and why?

Last edited:
This is an impossible question: there are too many to choose from!
Okay, of the ones I have, maybe 'Splendid Diana' x ventricosa "red." They're vigorous plants, and immensely varied in appearance.
Of the ones I don't have....?????? Anything with teeth, dark color, or extreme mottling and striping.

Lowii x campanulata has really stolen my heart.

My favorite hybrid in my collection is my lowii x truncata "wide peristome". I also really liked the veitchii x platychila I used to have...I really miss it.

My young Trusmadiensis x burbidgeae is a bit slow, But puts out exciting pitchers every time and they just keep getting better and better. My two plants also tolerate the sometimes ridiculously-high daytime temperatures and they don't skip a beat

Hamata x nigra. I only saw it once through a google search and it was love at first sight.

I don't even have it in my possession yet but I am already gonna go ahead and say that my new favorite hybrid is N. robcantleyi x hamata!!

Man every thing about the cross just seems disproportionately epic.

Miranda for sure, so easy to grow but at the same time elegant and impressive when grown well.

I don't have a favourite as such, but i prefer anything with spectabilis in it as it always seems to lead to some fantastic coloured peristomes.

While not a big fan of hybrids, I can appreciate some of the natural ones. It would be a toss up for me between N. edwardsiana x villosa or N.muluensis x lowii.

N. ventricosa x Tiveyi 'A' is a perfect hybrid. Pale green pitchers with a pink flush over the peristome. Absurdly vigorous and nearly bullet-proof.

audpod1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The problem is that they're all my favorite...but, I guess, if I had to pick one at this very moment it would be my talangensis x sibuyanensis. It's really just loving life.

Probably N. ventricosa x (xTiveyi) "A". This plant could give N. x ventrata a run for it's money in terms of vigor. I got mine as a rooted cutting about 3 months ago, and it has nearly doubled in size since then. It is strange how uncommon it is in collections, though.

Last edited:
Back