What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. robcantleyi x hamata

Hi all!
I haven't posted in this forum in years. Lately I've been posting pictures in facebook groups, but since there are a lot of great growers that don't participate on those groups but do here I figure I'll add pictures when possible.

I really love this hybrid. Very easy growing and the peristome darkens nicely. Here's the newest pitcher with a fully darkened peristome:

David

Woah!!! How is yours so mature looking? You got a great specimen. :banana2:

Holy... Wow! Just wow! :-O :drool:

This is going to be an incredible cross as it matures.

Something that I've noticed about this cross is that the pitchers are very durable and are very long lasting. None of the pitchers that mine shipped with have shown any sort of wear, and I've had it for just over two months.

Last edited:
ya thanks for posting, i can't wait until mine looks like yours! or just mature in general, glad to know they are an easy grow

I can second Bio's input. Although mine did lose most of the pitchers it had I can attribute that mostly to the lower humidity that I have in my setup. There was a pitcher developing when I received it and that pitcher got smashed and torn yet it still developed and is now currently still doing its thing. I feel like most every other Nepenthes would abort the pitcher or lose it faster if it got smashed, not this cross though.

I'll third the long-lasting nature of the pitchers, although I've noticed that mine are fairly soft which I think is a common trait of hamata hybrids. Would that be other peoples' experiences as well?

A pitcher on mine may have been sliced in half when I accidentally let something drop on it... Thankfully the plant itself is fine though.

And Nepnc, that plant is looking very nice!

Last edited:
I thought I would share mine as it recently opened and thought I would share. This IMO is going to be a lot like predator maybe a little darker. Very nice if you ask me.

holy crap. That looks amazing DEx. Looks like the hamata is adding teeth to a lot of its hybrids. very nice.

Thanks Varun, but really the plant does all the work for me. In my opinion this is the best hybrid involving either one of the parents!

Mine's still small, but here's its latest pitcher, almost completely coloured up apart from the tips of the teeth. The lid looks even bigger in real life, and is almost comical.

1yKotWqh.jpg

:lol: The resemblance is striking. They can reproduce and have fertile offspring so they are technically the same species anyway. :banana2:

^ LOL! I knew someone with a sense of humor would chime in after the rcantleyi statement.

Last edited:
This hybrid also seems to be one that regularly makes leaf jumps :p

Yes great little hybrid!! I think it might overtake predator. Lol

Yes great little hybrid!! I think it might overtake predator. Lol

I agree man. Looks amazing ... I love that the hamata traits seem to get exaggerated in some of the individuals. One more for the wanted list.

This cross is just too sweet. Well worth the money.

This spider crawled up on the hairy lid of an older pitcher to breath its last breath. . .

Some shots of mine:

IMG_0046.JPG

IMG_0027.JPG

I'm really liking this plant!

Back