What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. robcantleyi x hamata

Oh wow those wings on yours is crazy!

Last edited:
IMG_1864_zps5shel5ja.jpg

Hi everyone I'm new to this forum. Wow stunning plants, at the moment I grow fusca x robcantleyi, densiflora x robcantleyi and ventricosa x robcantleyi, out of the robcantleyi hybrids I also had two young robcantleyi a couple of years ago and when I went on holiday my friend forgot to water them and all my other plants, lucky or unlucky the only dead plants were the robcantleyi which cost me £45 each, aaaaaah. The pants that survived are just getting back to there former glory.

Mark

First pitcher it's grown for me. Not bad, and it has an even better one forming.
1447167218552-369565041_zpsrsfgbzic.jpg

This hybrid is amazing! Can't wait to get my hands on one

This hybrid is amazing! Can't wait to get my hands on one

And to top it all off, it's a pretty easy plant to grow; It's not as finicky as N. hamata nor is it as slow as N. robcantleyi. It's a combination of the best of both species.

I grow two different plants of this hybrid and they are both very variable. one is very hairy and toothy like a hamata and the other is much more robc like. Both grown in the same conditions and the one thats more hamata like is a bit slower.

I grow two different plants of this hybrid and they are both very variable. one is very hairy and toothy like a hamata and the other is much more robc like. Both grown in the same conditions and the one thats more hamata like is a bit slower.

Interesting observation, after seeing everyone's progress here I felt like mine was just from the shallow end of the gene pool. How great is the size difference?

That said, a jump in leaf size is happening (several plants are having one, actually) so hopefully it'll pick up the pace a bit.

I got them them about a month apart. The hamata prone one is larger but only because it split into two plants shortly after I got it, grows consistently but doesn't seem to leaf jump all that much. The robc prone one is similarly sized to the other one if it was a singular plant, however when I got it it was much smaller but seems to leaf jump more often. I'll take some photos comparing the two.

It's super easy to grow and it gets huge.

Wow that's one of the best I have seen.Nice job!

good looking hybrid!

How I wish I'd had the money when these guys were regularly available....hamata and rc hybrids are both fantastic in my eyes, go figure the cross between the two is jaw-dropping...and we haven't even seen anything close to a fully mature plant yet!

The beast just gets bigger and bigger
it's like taller than the pot now

IMG_3012_zpskob9g4dq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Looks gorgeous ps3iawesome! Definitely a winning hybrid. (By the way you can see your face reflecting in the glass haha)

Last edited:
Back