What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. robcantleyi x hamata

Dexenthes

Aristoloingulamata
I could have sworn there was already a thread for this cross.

I am so stoked!!! :banana2:

I've been wanting one of these as well...very beautiful plant there Dex!

What's NOT to love about it?!? :-O
1419911067101_zps71b8fd8f.jpg

I too have been wanting to get my mitts on one of these. Already good looking plants, with lots of potential.

Out of the robcantleyi crosses that have been made, this one definitely has the most appeal. I haven't seen any seedlings so far that don't look good.

Looking great! I wonder how much influence the robcantleyi genes will have on the peristome as it grows further.

Hopefully the one I've gotten recently will recover...

Out of the robcantleyi crosses that have been made, this one definitely has the most appeal. I haven't seen any seedlings so far that don't look good.

My thoughts exactly..

It's gonna be a keeper! :lol:

whats so special about robclathy? they look like big ventrata pictcher to me... but hamata is AWESOME :usa2:

whats so special about robclathy? they look like big ventrata pictcher to me... but hamata is AWESOME :usa2:
Robcantleyi looks like ventrata? I would disagree...

Ventrata:
ventrata.jpg

Robcantleyi:
0523-0-1.jpg

Last edited:
:lol: The resemblance is striking. They can reproduce and have fertile offspring so they are technically the same species anyway. :banana2:

Just got my self one too!

Super healthy with 3 pitches, hopefully the plant settles in soon and likes its new condition!

IMG_0402_zpsdyilncgg.jpg

I need a better camera than my phone.

robcantleyi x hamata.jpg

That last pic = :drool:

Last edited:
I bought mine from a vendor in California, its still small but its getting some pitchers now.

As a side note to that pictorial, that pitcher had (by far), the most grueling process of opening its lid that I have ever witnessed in a Nepenthes before. What with all of the hair on its lid, its comically sized wings and all of those teeth, it took that pitcher nearly a week to pop.

Robcantleyi looks like ventrata? I would disagree...

Ventrata:
ventrata.jpg

Robcantleyi:
0523-0-1.jpg

Are those not the same varieties?!?! They look nearly identical to me! *runs and hides*

As a side note to that pictorial, that pitcher had (by far), the most grueling process of opening its lid that I have ever witnessed in a Nepenthes before. What with all of the hair on its lid, its comically sized wings and all of those teeth, it took that pitcher nearly a week to pop.

Yeah I agree. For its size it sure does take its time. Here's mine:

fully colored up:

And it's working on a new one:

Back