What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Growing Nepenthes hamata on a windowsill

How is that sg hamata doing? I would love to see how it looks now.
Really don't see any differences between it & other hamatas - which means it's toothy gorgeous - LOL. Currently has seven perfect pitchers & another is ready to pop open any day. It's also started to vine so I'm having an issue keeping it out of the lights -- aaargh. Not really possible to get an overall pic due to it being inter-twined with a N. robcantleyi (& Orchidioides utrics).

I really wouldn't want to invest in a plant that i can easily kill.
That's probably still an option - much still depends on the specific conditions, the transition to those conditions & the observational skills of the grower.

and yes the bay area weather helps ^_^
There's a board member (BigBella) that grows HL & UHL plants in that area, as well as others in the local CP Society - you may want to mine them for helpful tidbits of info. Also, from what I've heard, inland Bay Area has massively different temps than coastal Bay Area ...

Really don't see any differences between it & other hamatas - which means it's toothy gorgeous - LOL. Currently has seven perfect pitchers & another is ready to pop open any day. It's also started to vine so I'm having an issue keeping it out of the lights -- aaargh. Not really possible to get an overall pic due to it being inter-twined with a N. robcantleyi (& Orchidioides utrics).

That's probably still an option - much still depends on the specific conditions, the transition to those conditions & the observational skills of the grower.

There's a board member (BigBella) that grows HL & UHL plants in that area, as well as others in the local CP Society - you may want to mine them for helpful tidbits of info. Also, from what I've heard, inland Bay Area has massively different temps than coastal Bay Area ...

Oh wow thats amazing! Let me know if you ever take cuttings ;)

yup ther is a huge difference between inland and coastal. luckily i'm coastal

Back