What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help, something is wrong with my N. talangensis

as you can see, it's put out two beautiful pitchers. But recently the two newest growth point has been slow to develop.

The first picture was taken on 1/18 and the other pictures was just taken right now 2/9. I am not sure how long it took for the last two pitches to develop but I don't remember it being this long. I have to say the bottom part of the new growth has inflated a little but... ya

What should i do? the condition of the terrarium hasn't changed. The only thing was I fed the other pitcher some blood warms and I gave it a trim. During the trimming process I kind of pushed the plant a little bit.

Help and thanks!!

IMG_0050_zpsimstz9zk.jpg

IMG_0300_zpsxi2lty9r.jpg

IMG_0303_zpstpneqgxs.jpg

IMG_0304_zpsm58m9pwa.jpg

IMG_0305_zps7udoztuf.jpg

Last edited:
what are your conditions? I know some nepenthes in my care responded this way in the long run when I did not drop the temperatures low enough at night.

Avg high 72 and Avg low 52. They get a good ~20 drop at night.

I would advise that you chill out because your plant appears to be fine. Just leave it alone and it should start growing again. Some highlanders (especially pure species), can be a little finicky about their willingness to keep growing whenever and wherever.

I see nothing wrong here

hah okay I'lll chill out. I just kinda freaked because the pitchers stopped growing as fast as it did. Now that I've got you guy's feedback I feel better. THANKS!!!

Yup, I dont really see anything wrong with it.. I know my N. sibuyanesis does this, even though it has perfect HL conditions.

N. talangensis is notorious for being a very slow grower, finicky about humidity and temperatures, and sometimes is just temperamental about pitcher production. This is one that requires great patience.

I guess the after the production of two consecutive pitchers I couldn't wait for the third and fourth one. Thanks for bringing me back to reality!!

Back