What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cindy

Staff member
I was using the DSLR on the Byblis so took some pics of the Nep pitchers as well. Disclaimer: The cool-growing plants are quite new so some of the pitchers came with the shipment...not that I can grow intermediate/highland Neps so well here in HOT Singapore. :cool:

N. spectabilis x hamata

N. robcantleyi

N. ventricosa x aristolochioides

N. robcantleyi x veitchii

N. gracilis (red form)

N. campanulata

N. khasiana

N. gracilis (mini spotted form)

N. benstonei

N. ventricosa x campanulata

N. rowanae

N. pervillei

N. x hookeriana

The N. robcantleyi looks to be the start of a wonderfully colored plant. I look forward to seeing how the cute fuzzy N. robcantleyi x veitchii turns out as it grows. Please continue posting progression pics for us. Thanks for the eye candy!

N. robcantleyi x veitchii - two plants; one with redder and more squat pitchers.

N. maxima x veitchii - new leaves and pitchers are getting larger

N. veitchii (Bareo) - a pleasant surprise that it is enjoying the heat

N. spectabilis x hamata - new leaves are smaller but still producing pitchers (this one I'll have to keep cool for long term, I guess)

N. ventricosa x aristolochioides - one of my fav but see how the new pitcher looks like :(

N. burkei x hamata - two plants reacting slightly different; the latter seems more sensitive to heat

N. robcantleyi - nothing more to show than that emerging growth tip after 2 months! :lol:

Last but not the least...

N. ampullaria x ventricosa aka Lady Luck

I love your N. rowanae!! its my all time favorite lowlander. I had four varieties but never got to see them mature anywhere close to how nice yours are doing.

I'm interested to see how you Campanulata is doing, maybe some more generic pics of it? And also how you grow it, conditions and soil type etc.

Hi pmatil,

My campanulata is in full sun from 2pm to 7pm this season. Temperatures ranging from 30-36C at my balcony. Pitchers are not the best at the moment with the heat but the plant rewards with producing offshoots and flowers continuously. I have used perlite and sphagnum moss with good success but switched to ordinary garden fire kilned clay. That media is liken to broken up bricks, leca, seramis, red lava rock and akadama.

The pitchers are larger during the cool (warm to the rest of the world) months.

nepenthes_campanulata_pitcher_022012.jpg

nepenthes_campanulata_size_022012.jpg

Those are just lovely and cute! I wish I still had more baby plants instead of my 2 meter tall monstrosities.. maybe I should cut the vines and start over again with their basals :love:

P.S. I love your campy :-D

Those are just lovely and cute! I wish I still had more baby plants instead of my 2 meter tall monstrosities.. maybe I should cut the vines and start over again with their basals :love:

P.S. I love your campy :-D

Thanks! I need small plants. The largest was a bicalcarata at 3ft tall including the pot and almost 5ft across with the leaves held up. THAT took up one-third of my balcony space and I had to give it away. LOL

My oldest plant at the moment. You can see how many basal offshoots there are...smaller ones at the base of the stems. I have already removed five so far this year...including one like the larger three.

A typical pitcher this HOT season - about an inch tall.

Typically, I remove basal offshoots when they are about 1.5"-2" across (campanulata cutting on the left of pic, lowii x camp on the right).

I'm so jealous of your Campanulata at the moment! Mine is still very small (several years old) and you have basals. Awesome!

While we struggled for the past month with the haze (due to slash burning in Indonesia...see link), the Neps seem to love it. The plants are all putting out pitchers that are larger and some even more colourful!

Forgive me if the quality of photos ain't great compared to the DSLR ones...these were taken with the Samsung Note 4 while I had the occasionally "clean air" days. The plants are all at my balcony exposed a daily dose of sulphur dioxide, nitrogen dioxide, ozone, carbon monoxide etc.

A number of the ampullaria plants are producing many basals...

Back