What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do any of you guys even know how to harden off plants from TC once they reach the proper size? :p

I'm not sure about others replying but I wouldn't be involved if I didn't b/c I actually care for the plants to survive. Tissue culturing has been a hobby since I was a kid & has also been in my TF interest list since I joined TF in 2008. I however do not have any of my old lab equipment. I bet many ppl do not realize the difficulty so thanks for posting that Guy. :bigthumpup:

By the way I change my answer! If the formula wasn't good enough then I change my answer from 25 to 1 for the fact that it is actually a single specimen with many undivided & unseparated growth points at this stage. There are no separation of roots & the plant is growing as an individual mass of plantlets.

Last edited:
If its multiplying then its making more, but I'm guessing their about 39 plantlets on their right now in the photo but since they aren't separated id say 2 cause their looks to be two specimens forming basals/plantlets to be removed and rooted eventually

Last edited:
The whole thing was a bit of a rhetorical question, illustrating that scarcity of species is rarely an issue with micropropagated plants; and I lost count, somewhere north of fifty, even under a dissecting microscope . . .

That's alot!

Ramon:D

Last edited:
The whole thing was a bit of a rhetorical question, illustrating that scarcity of species is rarely an issue with micropropagated plants; and I lost count, somewhere north of fifty, even under a dissecting microscope . . .

I figured you were teasing :slap: lol

Lol i cpuld barely count from the pictures but i bet their alot in those 2 balls of plantlettes

Awesome, congrats & great giveaway 👍👏

Back