What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes Spathulata x Albomargina killing itself

I need help urgently. My oldest nepenthes has flowered 6 times in a row nonstop, and as it flowers each leaf gets smaller. The vine is more than 4 feet long. The leaves used to be 6 inches long but now the one at the tip of the vine is a single inch long. I think the cause of this might be that I hadn't transplanted the plant in 3-4 years. Do you think this may have been the cause? I repotted it into a much bigger pot last weekend. I'm hoping that it will go back to how it was before. Any suggestions?

BE's spathulata is known to do that. I dont know what you should do, but cut each flower as the leaf opens. are you letting it flower?
And feed it

BE's spathulata is known to do that. I dont know what you should do, but cut each flower as the leaf opens. are you letting it flower?
And feed it

Thanks, I am already doing this, lets hope it works.

Any other advice? A new leaf started unfolding and sadly another flower is there ( 1 inch). If its genetic then there is nothing I can do about it, but I was thinking otherwise I'll just make cuttings and hope for the best. The plant seems healthy and the basal is growing very quickly, so its not the conditions. Have any experienced nep growers had this happen? I really don't want the plant to die.

Back